Canadian Film Centre
North York, ON
IDEABOOST Portfolio Manager
The Canadian Film Centre (CFC) is a charitable organization whose mission is to invest in and inspire the next generation of world-class Canadian content creators and entrepreneurs in the screen-based entertainment industry. A significant economic and cultural driver in Canada and beyond, CFC delivers a range of multi-disciplinary programs and initiatives in film, television, music, screen acting, and digital media, which provides industry collaborations, strategic partnerships, and business and marketplace opportunities for talent and participants. For more information, visit cfccreates.com.
The CFC Media Lab is a unique production think-tank, training institute and accelerator for emerging interactive and digital creators, practitioners, entrepreneurs and companies, which has graduated over 200 professionals, prototyped over 100 interactive products and commercialized over 30 technologically-savvy start-ups.
The CFC is looking for a Portfolio Manager to support IDEABOOST, the CFC’s Toronto-based business accelerator and startup community for companies that are building the next generation of technology-based media and entertainment products, services and brands. IDEABOOST provides high–potential Canadian startups with seed investment, mentorship and access to its network.
The right person will have proven experience as an entrepreneur and/or experience working within the entrepreneurial community and startup ecosystem. Familiarity with the early-stage venture-backed company ecosystem is preferred.
Along with the Managing Director and Associate Director, the Portfolio Manager is tasked with ensuring the success of the IDEABOOST program, helping early-stage Canadian technology companies through their journey.
- Recruit companies monthly, vet applications, and assist with company selection.
- Manage contracting requests for all new applicants.
- Represent IDEABOOST in local community, both actively and passively.
- Support IDEABOOST event recruitment activities when required.
IDEABOOST Portfolio Management
- Manage each company journey through the IDEABOOST Network Connect program.
- Meet weekly with companies (roughly 30 minutes per company) to check in and evaluate needs.
- Manage relationships between startups and stakeholders by coordinating scheduling of meetings with mentors, CFC staff and peers as needed.
- Engage with founders and coordinate activities, meetings, and events that drive them toward success.
- Follow best practices and execute outlined content and curriculum of the program.
· Calendar management of all network connect activities (mentors, talks, events, general programming).
· Ensure all startup company profiles are up to date across cfccreates.ca and ideaboost.ca.
· Oversee data management pertaining to IDEABOOST companies, analysis and reporting.
· Oversee the creation of all supporting IDEABOOST assets, including investment-ready one-pagers, program manuals and reports.
· Oversee Network Connect communications management (email, Slack, in-person) to core stakeholders as needed (mentors, CFC, Investment Advisory, Program Partners).
Required Skills and Experience:
· Minimum three+ years’ experience working in the startup ecosystem.
· Experience with program management.
· Knowledge of technology, startups, entrepreneurship and venture capital.
· Knowledge of the media and entertainment landscape an asset.
· Experience in project management, program coordination, planning and events.
· Comfortable with a variety of responsibilities.
· Ability to thrive in a fast-paced team environment.
· Ability to multi-task, and manage and meet strict deadlines with competing priorities.
· Excellent organizational skills.
· Exceptional customer service and team skills.
· Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
· Able to work alternatives times (weekends) when required.
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter and resume to email@example.com by January 8, 2017 and indicate “Portfolio Manager” in the subject line.
The CFC is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to providing accessible employment practices that are in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). If you require accommodation during any stage of the recruitment process, please notify Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We thank all interested applicants; however, only qualified candidates will be contacted. No telephone calls, please.
|Category:||Film / Video|
Canadian Film Centre
2489 Bayview Ave.
North York, ON, CA
|Posted:||Dec 15, 2016|