Junior Marketing Specialist
Reporting to the Marketing Manager, and working with the Sales and Marketing team, the Junior Marketing Specialist will be responsible for assisting with all marketing activities, including social media, email marketing, content development, campaign coordination, creating customer education materials, research, and really, anything else that needs to be done!
Even though this is a junior role, you’ll be given the freedom and responsibility to play a major part in developing our marketing content, and making suggestions on how we can best boost conversions and engagement.
Ideally, you’re a self-starter with superior abilities in problem solving, analysis and creative thinking. You have sharp communication skills, both oral and written, and enjoy taking something from concept to execution. You're interested in crunching numbers and results to figure how we can do better, whether through A/B testing or Google Analytics. You can be trusted to meet deadlines and produce quality work without a ton of supervision, because you’re a rockstar who takes pride in getting sh*t done properly. You are personable, adaptable, able to crack a joke when things get stressful, and excited at the prospect of being part of a fun, fast-paced startup with unlimited learning opportunities.
- Analytical and problem solving skills
- Strong copywriting, editing and content development skills
- Social media management
- Interested in analyzing the data behind marketing results and crunching numbers to make sure we’re optimizing our efforts
- An understanding of digital marketing best practices
- Willingness to learn, accept feedback and hone your skills
- Graphic design skills (Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop, etc)
- Knowledge of Google Analytics, Wordpress, MailChimp
- Developing content and overseeing the day-to-day management of our social media channels, including Foko’s own channels, as well our branded community Visual Merchandising Daily. Monitor analytics and make suggestions on how to improve engagement and conversion rates.
- Setting up our email marketing program daily, A/B testing and monitoring results
- Assisting in the development and maintenance of customer education materials, including our Zendesk help centre
- Assisting in the development of marketing content including blogs, white papers, case studies, email campaigns and more
- Researching duties, including competitor analysis, updating our media list, etc
Qualifications And Experience
At least 6 months of experience required.
Education and Certifications
College Diploma or Bachelor's Degree.
Show us what you got
Let’s see that portfolio! Please submit your cover letter, resume, as well as a few samples of your marketing work or writing samples.
If you want to live the life of a fast-paced tech startup with some majorly audacious goals, you’ve come to the right spot. We’re a fun, informal team with serious ambitions and a strong focus on results. Perks include a fully stocked craft beer fridge, flexible hours, a pack of adorable office dogs, and more.
Job Type: Full-time
|Category:||Advertising / Marketing|
Ottawa, ON, CA
|Posted:||Jan 05, 2017|
(This company has provided an external site for you to apply)