Bridgeport Asset Management Inc
Finance & Operations Associate
Conveniently located in Yorkville in downtown Toronto and close to public transit, Bridgeport Asset Management (www.bridgeportasset.com) is a successful and growing boutique investment counselling firm which manages discretionary investment portfolios on behalf of families, foundations and corporations. As a Portfolio Manager and Investment Fund Manager, we manage focused investment portfolios on both a separate account and pooled fund basis using a value-oriented invested style. We are a small, friendly, and entrepreneurial environment and provide our employees with competitive compensation, comprehensive benefits and opportunities to multi-task, learn and contribute to our client satisfaction and success.
Overview of Role
As a Finance & Operations Associate at Bridgeport, you will be a key member of our team, assisting senior management in various areas including pooled fund accounting, compliance, operations, client service and information technology.
Cool under pressure, you excel at working in a variety of different areas of the business at the same time and enjoy applying your strong financial and technical skills to different business situations.
Select Key Responsibilities
- Pooled Fund Accounting: Review various components of weekly NAV calculations, work with our third party fund administrator to prepare semi-annual and annual IFRS financial statements and liaise with outside auditors to complete annual pooled fund financial statement audits.
- Regulatory Compliance: Assist senior management and portfolio managers to ensure that all OSC, FINTRAC and FATCA regulations are being met.
- Client Accounting: Assist in preparing quarterly client investment statements and annual client tax packages.
- Operations: Assist with the management of various operating processes including those related to onboarding of new clients, account transfers, client withdrawals and contributions and maintaining our CRM database and portfolio management software system.
- Client Service: Responding to non-investment related client queries and preparing financial analyses related to client accounts.
Profile of Ideal Candidate
You possess a university degree (preferably in accounting) and are either enrolled in or have completed a professional accounting program (preferably CPA). You have excellent written and verbal communication skills and strong analytical and numerical ability.
You have significant work experience in accounting and finance within a financial services environment, ideally with a fund administration or asset management firm.
You enjoy working in a smaller, entrepreneurial environment, are high energy and a positive, enthusiastic, and collaborative team player, who is willing to roll up your sleeves and grow as Bridgeport continues to expand.
Candidates are expected to have strong computer skills and be confident in working with Microsoft Word, Excel, and Powerpoint.
Please note that due to time limitations we will only contact those candidates who are selected for an interview. We would appreciate if candidates do not contact Bridgeport directly.
Job Type: Full-time
- Toronto, ON
- Accounting: 2 years
Required license or certification:
Bridgeport Asset Management Inc
Toronto, ON, CA
|Posted:||Jan 10, 2017|
(This company has provided an external site for you to apply)