George Brown College
Accounts Payable Clerk
TITLE: Accounts Payable Clerk
SALARY: Support Staff, Pay Band D, $22.46 - $26.01 per hr (35 hrs per week)
LOCATION: 500 MacPherson Avenue
EFFECTIVE DATE: ASAP - December 11th, 2018
- Ensures accurate and timely processing of invoices to maintain good relationships with internal and external customers.
- Examines and verifies accuracy of supplier invoices against purchase orders, reports and other related documents; reviews account codes to ensure charges are applied to proper accounts; investigates late payment charges; check and balance input batches entered to various reports.
- Liaises with suppliers, students and internal staff regarding Accounts Payable queries, policies, procedures and follow up.
- Reviews and reconciles student assistance payments to input reports, contacts departments on any queries and to inform them when cheques are ready for pick up.
- Runs related reports prior to cheque run and validates cheque run information by reconciling invoice batches entered to reports; communicates information to Finance contact with bank.
- Bundles cheques to be mailed out, and deliver bundles to mail delivery area.
- Produces student assistance cheques runs on a daily basis, and other types of cheques once a week; produces online cheques for emergencies.
- Alternates with other Accounts Payable officers in producing main cheque run three times a week.
- Analyzes supplier statements and faxes, responds on a timely basis.
- Provides assistance to internal staff on queries of Accounts Payable transactions.
- Other related duties as assigned by Manager.
- Two year diploma from a recognized post secondary institution in Accounting or equivalent.
- Minimum two years’ experience in Accounts Payable, processing in a computerized environment.
- Efficient with Microsoft Office applications; proficient in Microsoft Outlook and Banner.
- Good oral and written English communication skills.
- Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills; ability to calm situations and prevent them from escalating; provide satisfactory solution to the complaint.
- Ability to thoroughly analyze processes and procedures to determine cause of errors exercising good judgment; good analytical and problem solving skills.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills; ability to meet strict deadlines and prioritize work.
- Good team member skills; ability to work independently.
Ability to work in an environment where a diversity of people and situations are encountered.
Working Hours: Monday to Friday 8:30am - 4:30pm
Interview process may consist of a practical skills component.
The College requires proof of degrees, credentials or equivalencies from accredited regional or federal post secondary institutions and/or their international equivalents. Credentials may require validation at the time of interviews.
Closing: January 13th, 2017
George Brown College is dedicated to employment equity and encourages applications from women, persons with disabilities, racial/visible minorities and aboriginal peoples. George Brown College is committed to accommodating applicants with disabilities throughout the hiring process, in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). The Human Resources representative responsible for the
recruitment for this position will work with applicants requesting accommodation at any stage of the hiring process.
For information on George Brown College, please visit our website at www.georgebrown.ca
George Brown College
Toronto, ON, CA
|Posted:||Jan 10, 2017|
(This company has provided an external site for you to apply)