Accessible Media Inc.
Do you want to make a difference every day? Are you interested in making media accessible for all Canadians? Are you an experienced television producer with a passion for telling a story? Then AMI is the place for you.
Accessible Media Inc. (AMI) is a not-for-profit multimedia organization serving more than five million Canadians who are blind, partially sighted, deaf, hard of hearing, mobility or print restricted. Operating three broadcast services, AMI-tv and AMI-audio in English and AMI-télé in French, AMI’s mission is to make accessible media for all Canadians.
Currently we are recruiting for a Producer in our Edmonton Bureau. The individual who will fill this role will be dedicated to accessibility, an innovative thinker, a creative story teller and most of all a team player.
If you are interested in being part of such an awesome and passionate team, we would like to hear from you!
- Accomplish the production of local segments for AMI’s original flagship show “AMI this Week” by supervising the bureau production team throughout the entire production process.
- Coordinate and schedule the logistical requirements for the production by selecting the crew; providing direction onsite during shooting; arranging interviews and clearances, including accreditation; travel and accommodation; and obtaining rights to third party content as well as music and performance rights.
- Ensure that proper audio and video are captured during field production process by requesting re-shooting, re-framing and determining b-roll from the production team as needed.
- Maintain continuity amongst the bureau team by providing real–time feedback and documenting and communicating production plans, irregularities and project updates.
- Meet the program quality standards of the production pieces by working closely with the Senior Producer in all aspects of the production; treatment, scripting, paper edit and post phases.
- College Diploma/Certification in Broadcast/Media Studies or equivalent experience.
- Minimum 2 years of Production Team Lead or Supervisory experience
- Strong editorial, storytelling and grammatical skills, research skills utilizing web-based resources, attention to detail.
- Strong interpersonal skills and good problem solving skills, organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to foster positive working relationships within AMI, media partners, community leaders, local organizations, and elected officials.
- Bilingualism is an asset
Accessible Media Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from qualified women, men, visible minorities, aboriginal peoples and persons with disabilities.
We thank all applicants for their interest, but only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls please.
Accessible Media Inc.
10050-112 Street, Suite 204
Edmonton, AB, CA
|Posted:||Jan 10, 2017|
|Closing:||Jan 31, 2017|