Graphic Designer – Packaging
Sears Canada Head Office, Toronto Ontario (Yonge and Dundas)
Purpose of the Job
Manage and oversee the execution of day to day packaging and labeling jobs (for assigned group H&H), to ensure that critical deadlines are met, such as retail and catalogue/vendor ship dates. Ensure that all work is consistent with brand profiles and compliant with corporate standards and both legal and government packaging requirements. Create and/or modify new packaging graphic design creative and work with nominated vendor base to execute.
- Manage day to day package specific requests. Track incoming and outgoing project statuses ensuring to meet corporate turnaround times. Assist Brand and Trend Director, Packaging Manager and agencies in development of Private Brand logo and package design programs for new brands and to refresh existing brands based on brand profiles. Ensure synergy and suitability for cross category and cross business applications. Identify, investigate and assess opportunities for process improvement and re-engineering within the team and with business partners
- Collaborate with Director, Buyers, Product Managers and Designers to create and/or modify agency graphic layout of brand packaging concepts and logo development. Research new packaging trends through services and market shops and translate information to specific concepts.
- Create brand packaging graphic template for all commodities delivered to vendor base for timely executions.
- Collaborate with Brand/Trend Director and designers to design and create themed story boards, in-store collateral – banner stands (COI’s Theme Zones).
- Review and determine, based on submitted specific project requests, the necessary stages required- ie. packaging specifications, french translations, logo applications required for the creative agencies to complete the artwork copy. Develop packaging guidelines by commodity for each brand and include in Brand Profile documentation.
- Complete photography brief for photography agent, outlining number of shots required, size layouts based on established standards, inspiration swipes and possible re-colourings etc. and approve finalshots. Attend photo shoot to ensure agency completes vision as directed.
- Audit all new developments with respect to packaging, labelling, print, quality are consistent with brand, and are compliant with corporate standards, brand development, legal, government and industry standards.
- Communicate and follow-up with buyers to verify information, identify and investigate potential issues of non-conformance, trace and correct inaccuracies etc. and then follow-up as appropriate to resolve issues.
- Perform other duties as required ie mail outs, filing, data entry and other projects as required by Brand and Trend Director and Brand development team.
- Excellent organizational/planning skills
- Excellent written and or oral communications
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Demonstrated artistic skills of graphic design principles
- Computer skills, including photo shop, cad, power point, excel, word, freelance
- 3 years of experience in Graphic design/ production
- 6 months of experience in a similar role
- 6 months of experience in Government or compliance pkg standards
- 6 months of experience in sourcing and vendor relationship management
|Category:||Graphics / Web|
Toronto, ON, CA
|Posted:||Feb 09, 2017|
(This company has provided an external site for you to apply)