Porter Novelli Canada
PR Senior ConsultantFeatured
SENIOR CONSULTANT, CONSUMER PR - TORONTO OFFICE
Award-winning global agency Porter Novelli Canada is looking for a bright, energetic and personable PR professional to work in our agency’s Consumer Practice as a Senior Consultant. We require someone with four to five years of dedicated agency experience working with a variety of consumer and lifestyle clients, with emphasis on consumer packaged goods, fashion and beauty, sports, consumer electronics and not-for-profit. This is a permanent full-time position working in our downtown Toronto office.
Required Skills & Experience: The position requires a highly organized, creative self-starter who is extremely client service- and results-oriented and able to work within a very strong and collaborative team culture, working under the leadership of an Senior Vice President and reporting to an Account Manager.
- Serve as a day-to-day client contact with account manager, attend client meetings/status calls, and provide client counsel, including issues management;
- Help build strategic communications plans, including drafting PR proposals, program outlines and/or budget estimate for existing clients;
- Implement day-to-day tactical activations including media relations campaigns, planning special events and product launches, engaging influencers/bloggers for paid content;
- Assist in developing and executing digital/social media programs and content strategies within integrated paid-earned-shared-owned environments for a variety of consumer brands and clients;
- Be accountable for daily project management and client deliverables, and managing critical paths and account activity updates;
- Work with our Quebec-based team to integrate national programs;
- Help and mentor junior staff project output;
- Research and draft media materials, collateral materials, social media content, activity/status reports, etc. in a timely manner as required by senior team and/or clients. Review writing materials and end result work of junior staff members, as applicable;
- Assist with research, vetting, procurement and management of third-party organizations, partners and/or campaign spokespeople (including celebrity talent) on behalf of clients;
- Media/influencer relations including pitching, developing/maintaining strong relationships, generating unique story ideas/pitches, managing earned editorial/coverage for clients, engaging the right influencers at the right time for the right content;
- Lead and support event planning efforts within team including supplier relations, logistics, on-site event management and media relations, etc;
- Develop/vet media lists, editorial calendars, etc;
- Track media coverage, compile coverage reports (MRP and/or client proprietary format);
- Help to track client budgets;
- Actively contribute to new business opportunities, including attending or reviewing prospect RFPs/briefings, providing input on proposals and budgets, contributing to the research/immersion process, participating in brainstorming sessions and/or client pitches.
- Degree or diploma in communications, public relations, and/or journalism;
- 4-5 years of consulting experience at a Canadian public relations agency, including client management;
- Proven ability to manage simultaneous projects and meet strict deadlines using strong organizational skills within a fast-paced agency environment;
- Excellent writing, proofreading and editing skills;
- Event management and related logistics experience;
- Solid and confident presentation and interpersonal skills;
- Strong understanding of digital marketing, content strategy/marketing and social media platforms as part of integrated communications within PESO environments a must (digital/social analytics experience welcomed);
- Experience working within multi-disciplinary agency teams (creative, media buy, digital and other specialty) to help enable fully-integrated campaigns and maximize agency relationships a plus;
- French fluency an asset;
- Engaged, enthusiastic, “lead by example” true team players only need apply!
HOW TO APPLY:
This is a permanent full-time position working in our Toronto office. Porter Novelli offers competitive compensation with comprehensive benefits, and challenging opportunities within a highly collaborative and fast-paced team environment.
We sincerely thank all applicants for their interest. However, only those who qualify for an interview will be contacted.
|Category:||Publicity / PR|
Porter Novelli Canada
2 Bloor Street West, Suite 2900
Toronto, ON, CA
|Tags:||PR, PR Agency, Public Relations, Communications|
|Posted:||Feb 15, 2017|