Mental Health Commission of Canada
Reports To: Marketing Manager
Status: Two (2) positions, Full-Time, Permanent
Location: Ottawa, Ontario
Application Deadline: March 24, 2017. Interviews may take place prior to application deadline.
The Mental Health Commission of Canada (MHCC) is a non-profit organization created to focus national attention on mental health issues and to work to improve the health and social outcomes of people living with mental health problems and illnesses.
For the first 10 years, the Commission had a mandate to develop a Mental Health Strategy for Canada; to implement a ten-year Anti-Stigma/Anti-Discrimination program; to develop a Knowledge Exchange Centre for the mental health field and to develop mental health strategy for Canada.
The Mental Health Commission’s head office is located in Ottawa, Ontario.
|Office Location||Ottawa – Downtown|
|Title||Marketing Coordinator -2 positions|
MHCC is hiring two (2) Marketing Coordinators. One position will provide dedicated and focused marketing support to two departments; Mental Health First Aid (MHFA) and Opening Minds (OM). The Coordinator will assist in the implementation and execution of a range of marketing materials. The Coordinator will work within the Public Affairs department and ensure proper alignment marketing materials for Commission activities and to ensure brand consistency. Both coordinators will report to the Marketing Manager.
|Duties & Responsibilities||
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
• Ensure (MHFA and OM courses) materials are properly branded: liaise with the graphic designer to get the changes made, and ensure the Commission’s visual identity is adequately applied.
• Coordinate the production of collaterals and ads (print and digital). Liaise with services providers, including writers, translators, and graphic designers. Coordinate the proof reads and revisions.
• Coordinate the production, review and editing of videos: liaise with programs’ managers to get the content’s requirements. Liaise with video service providers for the production. Coordinate the editing and the delivery of the final files of the videos. Implement the dissemination plan
• Using the content provided, prepare business development presentations that are engaging and properly branded.
• Coordinate the publication of promotional emails blast and e-newsletter: gather the information (texts and images), compile and put it together for dissemination to key (MHFA and OM) stakeholder.
• Assist with marketing administrative duties, including research, direct mailing, collation of collateral, and website content updates.
• Execute social media activities, including sourcing and managing content, engagement reporting advertising implementation and analytics.
• Assist with initiatives and processes that improve quality, reduce cost, increase productivity and improve cycle time by reducing wasted time, redundant collateral, rework, specific to marketing activities and outputs.
• Undertake other projects and assignments as required
|Skills & Experience||
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
• Excellent organizational skills
• Proven ability to coordinate and complete multiple projects simultaneously on tight timelines
• Flexible to ensure deliverables are met in an environment of changing and conflicting priorities and deadlines
• Excellent interpersonal skills: ability to work collaboratively with staff at all levels, and with design, communications, and printing services required
• Works independently with minimal supervision and within a team
• Adaptable, and has a keen interest in keeping current in field of work
• Creative and solutions-driven
• Proof reading skills for traditional, social, and digital media
• Experience with populating social media and digital channels
• Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Office and specifically, Power Point
• Knowledge in Vertical response or similar email marketing/newsletter tools
• Understanding the importance of and can apply brand standards and guidelines
• Resourceful, fast-learner, and detail-oriented, with excellent communication skills
• University or community college degree in marketing, communications, or related field with 1 to 2 years’ experience in a marketing department or agency
• Interested in social issues and the mental health cause
• Fully fluent in French and English is preferable
Values and Ethics
Respectful of Diversity
Teamwork and Cooperation
Health, Safety and Wellness (Physical and Psychological)
See Commission Competency Framework – Employee Level, Organizational and Core for details.
• Moderate periods of time spent in meeting type settings
• Extended visual requirements (5 plus hours) due to computer related work
• Extended periods of time spent in sitting position (computer work, meetings etc. 5 plus hours)
• Moderate requirement for multi-tasking and effectively dividing attention to numerous duties and responsibilities
• High degree of concentration required
• Highly attentive to details
• Low level exposure to extended travel requirements (up to 10% and greater at times) and extension of work day beyond 7.5 hours
• High analytical and interpretive requirements
• Must be comfortable working in open space environments
• Continuously deadline driven requirements
• Moderate level exposure to stress resulting from complex interactions, stakeholder relations, and output requirements.
• Moderate level requirement to maintain concentration for extended periods of time in order to maximize stakeholder engagement, perform situational strategic analysis and interpretation of data and minimize errors.
• Capacity to effectively organize and prioritize own work.
• Moderate degree of emotional intelligence required in order to develop and maintain good relationships, communicate clearly, influence and inspire others, work well in a team, and manage conflict.
• Responsive to possible rapid changes in priorities;
• Adaptable to change (organizational and environmental)
• Performance goals and objectives are established yearly and regularly reviewed.
The Mental Health Commission of Canada is committed to diversity in the workplace and workplace well-being. As such, applications from individuals from diverse backgrounds such as; First Nations, Inuit, and Métis, members of a visible minority group and those with lived experience of mental health problems or illnesses are welcomed and encouraged. The Mental Health Commission of Canada welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Accessible formats and communication supports for applicants are available upon request by contacting Human Resources at email button
While we appreciate all applications, only those selected for interviews will be contacted
|Category:||Advertising / Marketing|
Mental Health Commission of Canada
Ottawa, ON, CA
|Posted:||Mar 13, 2017|
|Apply Now (This company has requested a direct email with resume attached)|