Are you looking to deliver solutions that truly improve people’s lives and drive real business value? Want to work on a truly innovation products with a core group of brilliant, motivated cross-discipline team members? This could be THAT opportunity…
I’ve never heard of PointClickCare. What do you do?
We’re a cloud-based software provider for the senior care market in North America. But we’re also the industry leaders in terms of growth potential and our expansion into new markets of Senior Care. We all know someone who has aging parents or grandparents. Our technology is helping to improve the quality of care for the additional 58 Million Seniors that will reside in North America over the next 16 years.
So what does a Visual Designer do?
The role will tackle selected PointClickCare solutions including tasks such as creating graphical elements for user interfaces, creating diagrams that illustrate technical concepts, creating high fidelity wireframes, mockups and functional demos, working closely with front-end developers to implement their designs. The role demands experience with current tools and methods, but also a requirement to investigate and learn new approaches to solving problems. The candidate must be a self-starter, innovative about visual design issues, have a basic knowledge of design principles in order to work collaboratively with other designers and solution team members.
What does a typical day look like for the Visual Designer?
- This is a highly collaborative role where you will be responsible for working closely with user experience designers, product managers, front-end developers and other solution team members to flesh out the user interface.
- The majority of your day will be spent creating UI elements, high fidelity wireframes and mockups; defining the design blueprint for front-end developers to implement.
- You will be responsible for specifying the color scheme, visual style, layout and graphical elements of PointClickCare solutions, such that they follow the company wide visual signature.
- You will be involved in helping to create and maintain our design standards, reference materials and style guide.
What does the growth potential look like?
- Many of our open jobs in are filled with internal employees. A Visual Designer has the ability to move up within the UX and Product organization into more senior roles.
- Even if you’re not looking to change jobs, we offer free training on new technologies, agile training, leading others, and improving your public speaking/presentation skills, to name a few.
What qualifications do you look for?
- Most importantly, we are looking for a highly motivated, results-driven person, who has strong visual design skills and a true passion for their work and desire to make their projects succeed.
- We’re looking for someone with at least 3 years of experience in Graphic Design for creating visually compelling artifacts, icons, mockups, etc.
- At least 2 years of experience in HTML and Cascading Style Sheets (CSS)
- At least 1 year of experience working in a collaborative team and directly with developers implementing designs
- Knowledge of key design tools such as Adobe Creative Suite, Balamiq, Sketch and Invision
- Communication skills and an ability to pinpoint customer requirements
- An understanding of guidelines and standards of web design
- Ability to work in a dynamic, team based environment
- Possess portfolio of previous work must be presented that demonstrate an understanding of visual design
How do I apply?
- Check out our website at You’ll see the link to the job posting on there.
- If you want to do some more digging first, please check out our Glassdoor and LinkedIn pages. In order to provide a realistic preview of the job, we encourage you to read some reviews from current and former employees on our Glassdoor page.
- And, if you want to get a feel for what it is like to work in our office, please check out this YouTube video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ut5D0qv8WYA&index=2&list=PLwERWsJLXEnEz9j8IwqjUWfqCzQ1SbvGL.
It is the policy of PointClickCare to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, religion, national origin, status, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by law.
|Category:||Graphics / Web|
Mississauga, ON, CA
|Posted:||Apr 11, 2017|
(This company has provided an external site for you to apply)