- Req ID: 56925
- Department: Corporate Affairs
- Job Type: Full-Time
- Position Type: Non-Union
- Location: Calgary, Alberta
- Country: Canada
- % of Travel: 0-10%
- # of Positions: 1.00
- Job Available to: Internal & External
- Deadline to apply: 04/19/2017
Canadian Pacific (TSX:CP)(NYSE:CP) is a transcontinental railway in Canada and the United States with direct links to eight major ports, including Vancouver and Montreal, providing North American customers a competitive rail service with access to key markets in every corner of the globe. CP is growing with its customers, offering a suite of freight transportation services, logistics solutions and supply chain expertise. Visit cpr.ca to see the rail advantages of Canadian Pacific.
PURPOSE OF THE POSITION:
CP’s Communications and Public Affairs department is looking for a graphic designer to join our high-performing and dynamic team responsible for internal and external communications, marketing and brand, digital and social media, sponsorship and community investment. The successful candidate will produce design solutions that communicate CP messages with strong visual impact in both print and electronic media.
- Develop and build charts, graphs, illustrations, maps and other presentation visuals as required;
- Lay out documents using supplied copy, sourced and supplied photography and other visuals;
- Proof work to produce accurate and high-quality deliverables (including – but not limited to spelling/typos and revision requests);
- Conduct occasional press checks as required to ensure quality-control and that the end product matches the intentions of the design;
- Work with other CP departments on branding needs, ensuring consistent application and appropriate use of visual identity;
- Maintain accuracy of brand book and guidelines;
- Assist in the maintenance of photo and video library, ensuring images are catalogued, searchable and in line with visual identity guidelines;
- Understand the project objectives and parameters in order to develop creative solutions – alone or in a collaborative group – to convey key messages to relevant target audiences;
- Think creatively to produce new ideas and concepts;
- Provide creative rationale to support materials presented when required
- Post-secondary design education;
- 5 years of professional graphic design experience, and demonstration of appropriate level of proficiency for that experience;
- Strong understanding of design, advertising and branding;
- A good eye and strong visual problem solving, layout and typographic skills;
- Attention to detail and pride in craftsmanship;
- Excellent organizational and time management skill;
- Abilities to work both independently and as part of a larger team;
- Proficiency using InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator are mandatory;
- Illustration, photo-illustration and/or diagram building skills are an asset;
- Experience designing web interfaces and/or motion graphics are an asset.
WHAT CP HAS TO OFFER:
- Flexible and competitive benefits package
- Competitive company pension plan
- Employee Share Purchase Plan
- Performance Incentive Program
- Annual Fitness Subsidy
As an employer with national presence, the possibility does exist that the location of your position may be changed based on organizational requirements.
Management Conductor Program:
Becoming a qualified conductor or locomotive engineer is the single best way for a management employee to learn the business at CP. You may be required to obtain a certification or to maintain your current certification/qualification as a conductor or locomotive engineer.
CP is an equal opportunity employer committed to the principles of employment equity and inclusion. We welcome applications from all qualified individuals. All applicant information will be managed in accordance with the federal Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act ("PIPEDA").
|Category:||Graphics / Web|
Calgary, AB, CA
|Posted:||Apr 11, 2017|
(This company has provided an external site for you to apply)