Associate Digital Producer - Calgary Hitmen
Job Opportunity – Associate Digital Producer – Calgary Hitmen
The Calgary Flames digital department is seeking an Associate Digital Producer for the Calgary Hitmen. Reporting to the Digital Content Manager, the responsibilities of this position include but are not limited to the following:
- Producing and editing editorial content for the Calgary Hitmen website;
- Posting photo galleries and videos for the Calgary Hitmen website;
- Working in conjunction with the Digital Media team, Media Relations, and Marketing departments to ensure content and promotions on the website are current and informative;
- Managing and posting content as required on Calgary Hitmen Social Media properties (Facebook, Twitter & Instagram);
- Working with the sales and sponsorship team on delivering digital sponsor initiatives;
- Producing and executing social media contests, marketing and news utilizing Twitter and Facebook and other social media platforms for the Hitmen;
- Coordinating and assisting in various Hitmen video production projects;
- Reporting on all Hitmen news and community events;
- Other duties as assigned.
The ideal candidate will have the following background:
- Post-Secondary degree in Journalism/New Media and a minimum of 2 years’ experience writing and/or editing in the sports field;
- Strong communication with the ability to design and layout web pages;
- Creativity and ability to work with tight timelines;
- Familiarity with social media platforms and trends;
- Ability to multitask and work quickly and efficiently while working in a team environment;
- Strong hockey and lacrosse knowledge;
- Website design knowledge, basic HTML, digital design skills and the ability to work in online Content Management Systems are considered assets;
- Flexibility in schedule is important to this role as the chosen candidate will be required to work nights and weekends.
HOW TO APPLY
If you are interested in this opportunity, please send your resume with a cover letter to Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org; if responding via email, please include the job title in the subject line.
This position will remain open until a suitable candidate is found.
For your convenience, you can apply for this job in the following ways:
If you would like to be informed about upcoming job opportunities at the Scotiabank Saddledome, sign up for our Flames Insider, by clicking here. Simply fill out the Insider registration form completely, and check the 'Job Opportunities' box under the Topic Signup header.
Feel free to sign up for any other topics that peak your interest while you're there, including our Flames Newsletter, Press Releases, Post Game Report and Special Offers sections.
Calgary, AB, CA
|Posted:||Apr 11, 2017|
|Apply Now (This company has requested a direct email with resume attached)|