University of Alberta
Design Communications and Administrative Assistant
Design, Communications and Administrative Assistant
This position has an end date of one year from the date of hire and offers a comprehensive benefits package which can be viewed at: www.hrs.ualberta.ca.
The Design, Communications and Administrative Assistant will be responsible for designing and updating China Institute publications, webpages, posters, brochures and newsletters, assisting in the implementation of the institute's communications strategies and providing administrative support for the Director and events within the China Institute.
- Assumes primary responsibility for the coordination and design of all the Institute's publications, promotional materials, PowerPoint presentations and reports in all media (print, visual and web-based)
- Maintains the Institute website; provides updates, drafts and edits content for the website and identifies opportunities for ongoing improvements
- Monitors and manages the Institute's main email and social media accounts and re-directs messages/requests as necessary
- Supports the implementation of communications strategies for Institute's events, research and programs; designs promotional materials, drafts content when appropriate, coordinates graphic design and printing, etc.
- Contacts and responds to correspondence from media representatives and makes media interview arrangements
- Drafts Institute monthly newsletter; disseminates information related to Institute events and programs through mailing lists, websites and social media
- Makes travel arrangements (confirm schedules/appointments, hotels, flights, ground transportation, itineraries, travel books, etc.) for the Director and other staff
- Prepares travel and expense reimbursement claims for the Director
- Performs other administrative duties as required, including: drafting routine correspondence and letters, researching and preparing information, assisting with conferences and events, etc.
- Post secondary education in graphic and web design, communications or related discipline preferred; equivalent combinations of education and experience will be considered; minimum High School Diploma
- 2 years of related experience
- Experience with social media and digital communications
- Excellent communication (verbal and written), organizational, interpersonal and time management skills
- Fluency in written and spoken Mandarin is an asset
- Experience working in a multicultural and/or academic environment is an asset
Please include a cover letter, resume and design sample portfolio (submitted as one document) in your application.
|Category:||Graphics / Web|
University of Alberta
Edmonton, AB, CA
|Posted:||Apr 11, 2017|
(This company has provided an external site for you to apply)