Me to We
Me to We is an innovative social enterprise that provides people with better choices for a better world. Through socially conscious and environmentally friendly products and life-changing experiences, Me to We measures the bottom line, not by dollars earned, but by the number of lives we change and the positive social and environmental impact we make. In addition, half of Me to We's net profit is donated to Free The Children and the other half is reinvested to grow the enterprise.
Me to We seeks a Graphic Designer to join our Creative and Communications department.
There is a six (6) month probationary period, upon reaching the three (3) month period, all staff members are offered a health plan including dental and Employee Assistant Program. The position is based out of Free The Children’s International office in Toronto (233 Carlton Street) with an immediate start date. This role is perfect for a new graduate who is looking to grow and work hard for at least one year. You love big goals and surpassing expectations.
While resumes are important, we want to know what makes you a great fit for our team and culture. We will consider resumes on a rolling basis and would like the right person to join us as soon as possible.
- Act as a print and digital design member of a design team and report to the Creative Director
- Work with the creative department to take on graphic design tasks such as: brochures, multi-page documents, books, magazine, posters, marketing materials, logos and web components
- Carry out general office tasks, special projects and other duties as required
- Interact with external printers to receive competitive quotes and supply them with appropriate print ready files for production
Skills and Qualifications:
- Graduate of a 3-4 year Graphic Design program
- 2-3 years experience working as a designer within an agency setting or related field
- Strong knowledge of print design and production
- Possess strong illustration, typographic and page layout skills
- Web designing experience and knowledge is an asset
- Positive and energetic attitude with the ability to work independently and as a team player
- Ability to multitask, manage and focus on a number of projects in a demanding and fast-paced work environment
- Ability to meet tight deadlines and maintain high attention to detail
- Flexibility to accommodate extended working hours if necessary as a dedicated member of the team
- Ability to take initiative and possess an outstanding work ethic
- Excellent organizational and administrative skills
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills (bilingual in English and French languages is an asset)
- Must be eligible to work in Canada
- Excellent command of a Mac platform
- Adobe CS5 (Illustrator, In Design, Photoshop, Acrobat)
- Flash and Dreamweaver knowledge is an asset
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office
What makes Me to We unique…
Me to We is filled with passionate, driven, hardworking, entrepreneurial, shameless idealists, this means we work late, set high goals and exceed them, and then push hard the following year to beat and exceed last year’s goals of empowering youth to change the world.
If you are looking for a predictable 9-5 work environment, this won’t be the right fit.
If you are inspired and excited by collaboration, making friendships with the most incredible people, unique additional responsibilities like working on our We Days and your personal values align with our core values, we would love to hear from you.
Me to We sincerely thanks all those who apply, however only those considered for an interview will be contacted.
|Category:||Graphics / Web|
Me to We
Toronto, ON, CA
|Posted:||Apr 21, 2017|
(This company has provided an external site for you to apply)