Content Marketing Coordinator
Content Marketing Coordinatorat Influitive (View all jobs)
Influitive is an innovator in the marketing software space. With over $40M raised from top-tier venture capitalists including Georgian Partners, Hummer Winblad, Relay Ventures, First Round Capital, New Enterprise Associates, Lightspeed Ventures and others, Influitive helps B2B marketers mobilize their customers to become advocates for the business, influencing buyers and driving revenue growth.
The AdvocateHub SaaS platform and mobile app make it fun and exciting for advocates to participate in more customer referrals, reference calls, success stories & testimonials, online product reviews, survey responses and social sharing.This approach, called 'advocate marketing', is proven to generate higher-quality sales leads, accelerate sales opportunities and improve brand recognition.
The founding team has previously built Eloqua, a marketing automation software firm that went public and was bought by Oracle for $871M in 2012. The team is now bolstered by leaders with one or more exits under their belts.
About The Job - Content Marketing Coordinator
We have big ambitions, and realizing them means selling a lot of software. That’s where you come in. As Influitive’s Content Marketing Coordinator, your content will attract visitors to Influitive’s website, where they’ll learn about what we have to offer and, hopefully, convert into leads who eventually buy our platform.
We’re not just selling software here, though. While content is already the starting point for a significant number of Influitive’s sales, it’s also key to educating B2B marketers about the new category we’re building: advocate marketing. Our content, including thought leadership, best practices, case studies and success stories, will define this new category and show the rest of the world how to plan, implement and execute successful advocate marketing strategies.
This is an entry-level role on an awesome B2B marketing team in Toronto, reporting to the Content Marketing Manager and VP of Marketing.
Key roles and responsibilities:
- Take ownership of content production for Influitive’s blog and social channels. This means creating a wide variety of content, including blog posts, short videos, infographics and other multimedia content, and adjusting tone/voice for different audiences (i.e. prospects vs. customers).
- Research, report, interview, write and/or edit blog posts, eBooks, case studies, research reports, press releases, guest blog posts, social media posts, etc.
- Coach, manage and maintain strong working relationships with existing freelance writers, and continue to build our network of writers and other content vendors.
- Use our software, AdvocateHub, to involve our advocates in the creation and distribution of content.
- Help us set our content priorities and strategy by leveraging data and industry trends/news to make informed decisions. This could mean repurposing high-performing content, jumping on a new opportunity based on SEO insights, or leveraging internal and external experts/influencers to create engaging content.
Who are we looking for?
Here’s the must-have traits:
- You’re a great writer and copyeditor. You want to turn your love for words into a career so you can tell stories and create helpful content every day. You’ve got a knack for communicating, but you’re hungry to learn more and improve your craft.
- You’ve got some previous experience (0-2 years) with reporting, writing, editing and/or content marketing, and can share examples of your work (like articles you’ve written, videos you’ve edited, or your personal blog/website).
- You have demonstrable creative chops. You don’t think business-to-business writing needs to be bland or boring, and like connecting with readers by infusing personality into everything you do. You thrive when you can play outside the box.
- You have an analytical streak. You’re intrigued by metrics and would love to dive into data to help us optimize our content performance.
- You love learning how to use new tech tools and can pick them up quickly.
- You have some marketing savvy, but are interested in learning WAY more. (Don’t worry, we’ll show you the ropes!)
- You like owning whatever is given to you and delivering results. Large projects don’t scare you because you’re a pro at multi-tasking and prioritizing.
- You can work both independently and as part of a team.
- You’re highly adaptable. Working in a fast-paced environment where things change frequently sounds more exciting to you than doing the same thing day in, day out.
Here’s some nice-to-have experience to highlight on your resume if you want to get an edge:
- Familiarity with technology, B2B marketing, startups or software as a service field.
- Have written for a brand or company before.
- Have used content management systems (like Wordpress), social media management tools (like HootSuite), and/or design tools (like Photoshop or InDesign).
- Bachelor’s degree or college diploma related to journalism, communications, writing or marketing. (Past writing experience is more important.)
- Project management experience
What you'll get from us:
At Influitive, you'll find an empowering environment where people are inspired to do great work, learning and developing quickly as professionals as they fundamentally change the way modern marketing works. (Check out our Glassdoor page to see what this means to our advocates—our employees.) You’ll receive competitive compensation with a stock option plan and health benefits from day one! In addition, you'll get some awesome perks such as a MacBook Air, catered lunches 2X/week, coffee chats with employees across the company, and the chance to sit 1-2 metres away from senior professionals at the Manager/Director level who have a ton of energy for coaching, mentoring and your growth.
|Category:||Advertising / Marketing|
Toronto, ON, CA
|Posted:||Apr 21, 2017|
(This company has provided an external site for you to apply)