Copy Editor (Part-Time)Featured
theScore, Inc. is an independent creator of mobile-first sports experiences, connecting fans to what they love through an addictive combination of comprehensive and personalized real-time news, scores, stats and alerts via its mobile sports platforms theScore and theScore esports and fantasy sports contests via Squad Up. theScore’s mobile sports apps are among the most popular in North America.
Typical Work Day at theScore:
- Edit and publish posts produced by theScore’s team of news editors across a variety of sports leagues, including: NBA, NHL, MLB, NFL, NCAA football and basketball, tennis, golf and MMA.
- Provide editorial guidance and constructive feedback to news editors.
- Adhere to theScore’s editorial guidelines and policies.
- A degree in Journalism is preferred.
- 2+ years previous experience as a copy editor in a post-secondary or professional newsroom setting.
- Extensive sports knowledge, particularly with regard to the four major professional sports leagues, as well as the following: NCAA football and basketball, soccer, tennis, golf, auto racing, and mixed martial arts.
- Flexibility with regards to scheduling and an ability to work nights and weekends.
- Great attention to detail.
- Experience with social media.
- Ability to work under pressure in a fast-paced environment.
- Willingness to take on other projects as they come up.
- Previous experience in sports media preferred but not required.
What We Offer:
- Fun, relaxed work environment
- Located downtown Toronto; easily accessible by public transit
- Snacks and drinks provided
- Awesome patio with BBQ
- A/V club, Friday presentations, book library, and more.
- Games room (bring your A game for our FIFA 17, arcade, ping pong and foosball tournaments!)
We are an equal opportunity employer. Accommodation will be made upon request.
500 King Street West, Unit 400
Toronto, ON, CA
|Posted:||May 01, 2017|
(This company has provided an external site for you to apply)