News Editor College FootballFeatured
theScore, Inc. is an independent creator of mobile-first sports experiences, connecting fans to what they love through an addictive combination of comprehensive and personalized real-time news, scores, stats and alerts via its mobile sports platforms theScore and theScore esports and fantasy sports contests via Squad Up. theScore’s mobile sports apps are among the most popular in North America.
Typical Work Day at theScore
- Producing feature stories to reflect current sports events.
- Produce push alerts and aggregate news content from a variety of sources.
- Consult with editors on how to develop breaking news items throughout the day.
- Use a variety of media - including audio, video, and social media to enhance both spot and breaking news items.
- Extensive knowledge of College Football, including: history, league economics, teams, players, statistics, etc.
- A degree in Journalism is preferred.
- Previous experience in sports media is preferred.
- Able to pay great attention to detail in a fast paced environment.
- Experience with a variety of social media platforms (Twitter, Facebook, etc.).
- Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously.
- Ability to work under pressure in a fast-paced environment with tight deadlines.
- Willingness to take on other projects as they come up.
- Flexibility with regards to scheduling and an ability to work nights and weekends.
- Other duties as required
What We Offer:
- Competitive salary with Employee Share Purchase Plan
- Comprehensive Benefits package
- Fun, relaxed work environment
- Located downtown Toronto; easily accessible by public transit
- Snacks and drinks provided
- Awesome patio with BBQ
- Games room (bring your A game for our FIFA 17, arcade, ping pong and foosball tournaments!)
We are an equal opportunity employer. Accommodation will be made upon request.
500 King Street West, Unit 400
Toronto, ON, CA
|Posted:||May 01, 2017|
(This company has provided an external site for you to apply)