BMO Financial Group
The Graphic Designer is accountable to design agency quality print and digital marketing and communications materials to support marketing & communication initiatives at BMO FG, supporting all business and corporate groups. Materials designed include advertising, direct mail campaigns, brochures, sell sheets, postcards, conferences and events collateral, in-branch digital screens, web banners and PowerPoint presentations.
Designers at BMO work on one or more of the following type of projects:
• Tier 1 – Develop the creative concept and then design the print & digital marketing and communications materials
• Tier 2 – Design the print & digital marketing and communication materials based on a defined creative concept
• Tier 3 – Finalize the design of print & digital marketing and communication materials by making required modifications.
• Design and execute agency quality print and digital marketing and communications materials by working with the creative team to understand the business needs for the designated projects
• Produce all creative material, including procurement of photography and integration of copy into the design.
• Collaborate with copywriter on projects that require copy.
• Accept feedback from the business and/or art/creative director and/or project manager and incorporate the feedback into the designs.
• Develop and maintain positive and supporting working relationships with all internal partners by meeting and exceeding expectations.
• Proactively recommend creative options that go beyond creative requirements as outlined in creative briefs.
• Follow BMO visual identity standards to ensure that concepts are brand aligned.
• Continuously develop deep knowledge and understanding of BMO brand attributes and BMO businesses in order to develop relevant and meaningful design recommendations.
• Perform non-creative job related duties as assigned.
• Support an efficient and effective group which reduces ongoing costs and increases service level performance over time
• Effectively prioritize and manage multiple project assignments, often under very tight timelines and competing deadlines.
• Effectively manage time to meet delivery dates.
• Promote a strong risk management culture
• Follow systems in place to ensure brand consistency and quality control of output
• Follow established processes and procedures to effectively manage projects.
• Maintain quality control processes ensuring all necessary approvals are obtained before releasing files.
• Pre-flight artwork files as required to ensure quality.
• Ensure files are prepared according to pre-determined specifications.
Change & Innovation
• Keep informed of industry design best practices.
• Seek out means to further develop design skills.
• Share learning with Creative Services team members.
Knowledge and Experience:
• Formal graphic design education
• Knowledge of principles and practices of graphic design
• Extensive Macintosh/PC knowledge including related software and programs (i.e. Indesign, Adobe Creative Suite, HTML/XML)
• Ability to deliver accurate electronic files in a timely, efficient and cost-effective manner
• Ability to create and produce graphic design materials using a range of media, methods, techniques, and equipment
• Excellent command of formats, typography, graphics and layout
• Extensive hands-on knowledge of software and printing technologies related to creative
• Excellent design, production and pre-press skills; packaging design preferred
• Highly organized and able to work under tight deadlines
• Keen attention to detail
• Excellent communication and relationship building skills
We’re here to help
At BMO we have a shared purpose; we put the customer at the centre of everything we do – helping people is in our DNA. For 200 years we have thought about the future—the future of our customers, our communities and our people. We help our customers and our communities by working together, innovating and pushing boundaries to bring them our very best every day. Together we’re changing the way people think about a bank.
As a member of the BMO team you are valued, respected and heard, and you have more ways to grow and make an impact. We strive to help you make an impact from day one – for yourself and our customers. We’ll support you with the tools and resources you need to reach new milestones, as you help our customers reach theirs. From in-depth training and coaching, to manager support and network-building opportunities, we’ll help you gain valuable experience, and broaden your skillset.
To find out more visit us at https://bmocareers.com.
BMO is committed to an inclusive, equitable and accessible workplace. By learning from each other’s differences, we gain strength through our people and our perspectives. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
JobMarketing & Advertising
|Category:||Graphics / Web|
BMO Financial Group
Toronto, ON, CA
|Posted:||May 11, 2017|
(This company has provided an external site for you to apply)