Unilock, a family-owned and operated business, originally introduced the paving stone to North America in 1972. Backed by family values and a commitment to quality, Unilock has grown to become the premier manufacturer of paving stones and retaining walls. Traveling the globe in search of inspiration, Unilock strives to stay on the leading edge of design and manufacturing innovation, to reflect the evolving needs, wants and sense of style of its customers.
You’re a highly motivated and multi-talented Graphic Designer/Artist experienced in all the aspects of building quality marketing collateral, from concept through to completion. In fact, you enjoy taking the ball and running with it. You like to take the hands-on approach on every project while working in a team environment.
Your degree in graphic design, coupled with 2-5 years of experience in a corporate or agency setting has enabled you to hone your skills and creativity. You’re the kind of person who eats, sleeps and breathes design. You know the importance of image, typography, and layout and can execute great design under tight deadlines. You work well in a dynamic team environment and have that “get ‘er done” work ethic.
You have meticulous attention to detail and are an innovative conceptualist with a sharp eye for fresh approaches and cutting-edge design.
Required Skills, Qualifications and Education:
• University or college degree in graphics/communications and 2-5 years of related experience in a marketing/graphics field.
• Knowledge of communication principles, graphic media and marketing techniques.
• Must be extremely knowledgeable in current design software such as Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator and Adobe InDesign.
• Knowledge of photographic principals and experience with a digital SLR an asset.
• Image manipulation from RAW SLR files, experience in colour correction and digital retouching a must.
• Proficient in MS Office including Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
• Knowledge of Google SketchUp is an asset.
• Possess a personal sense of confidence, along with strong communication skills (both written and verbal).
• Must have a portfolio demonstrating your talents and skills.
• Produce graphic art and visual material layouts for print, advertising, point of sale and digital to meet the marketing objectives.
• Develop creative strategies and high level concepts in support of strategies.
• Create design solutions for specific problems, assuring that aesthetics are in line with corporate branding guidelines.
• Collaborate with marketing team to create a consistent look and feel in marketing collateral for our company.
• Manage design projects from concept through production to pre-press.
• Produce and adapt design ideas quickly.
• Participate in concept development and design ideation for visual designs.
• Develop mock-ups and storyboards for marketing plan presentations.
• Work with printers to provide files that satisfy the printing requirements of the vendor to ensure no additional fees are incurred to set up print jobs.
• Proof read all content of marketing materials to help ensure accuracy.
• Colour correct images for various print and web applications.
• Keep abreast of new developments in graphic design programs.
• Work well in a team, with printers, copywriters, photographers, other designers and marketing specialists.
• You may be required to travel and assist on photoshoots throughout spring and summer in Canada and the US.
Position requires some travel within Ontario, as well as to US locations. Valid Driver’s license and Passport required.
Send your resume and portfolio (in a Word document or PDF) to: email@example.com
We thank all applicants in advance but only qualified candidates will be contacted regarding an interview. No phone calls please.
|Category:||Graphics / Web|
Georgetown, ON, CA
|Posted:||May 11, 2017|
|Apply Now (This company has requested a direct email with resume attached)|