The Application Deadline for this job posting is coming soon. Apply by May 29, 2017!
Ontario Heritage Trust
Graphic and Online Communications SpecialistFeatured
Join a creative and talented team of marketing and communications professionals at the Ontario Heritage Trust – the province's heritage agency.
We are seeking a results-driven graphic design professional to provide creative multi-media solutions and services for the Trust.
If you have strong skills in graphic design for a wide range of communications outlets, including social media, online, websites and print, then don't miss this exciting opportunity!
What can I expect to do in this role?
In this role, you will turn ideas into creative concepts that will inform, engage and inspire the Trust's diverse audiences. You will:
• Be responsible for the creative design and production of specialized multimedia solutions, technical support and advice related to the design and production needs for a wide range of marketing and communications products and services
• Provide well-researched analysis to the Manager, Marketing and Business Development, regarding contemporary design options and online communications solutions that embrace contemporary technology
• Develop effective and well-reasoned designs and identify cost-effective solutions to challenging design projects
• Lead procurement of external services and vendors
• Support the coordination of web development from a design and functional perspective
• Produce marketing materials on time and on budget
• Advise and educate internal clients regarding graphic designs, online-based applications and emerging communications opportunities
• Provide technical expertise and creative consultation services to the Trust staff and freelance designers on all graphic design matters and Apple-based and PC desktop publishing
• Perform other related duties in support of the Trust's ongoing transformation and enhanced program activities
• Maintain awareness of the Trust's programs and initiatives so that communications materials are designed in appropriate context and support approved brand messaging
• Work as part of a team on business communication projects
• Provide coaching expertise and recommendations to ensure proper use of the Trust's corporate logo, Trust consumer logo, government logos and sponsor logos.
• Work on business communication projects (e.g., Trust annual report, Heritage Matters magazine, Doors Open Ontario brochure, fundraising materials, brochures, signs and display ads).
How do I qualify?
• You have expert knowledge of Apple-based graphic design applications and technology, including InDesign Creative Suite, Photoshop and Adobe Illustrator
• You have expert knowledge of the latest versions of Apple and PC operating systems, Content Management Systems for websites and web development tools
• You are proficient in MS Office, the Internet, video editing software, digital photography and editing software
• You have knowledge of design requirements for social media channels, including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and YouTube
• You have knowledge of PDF digital file preparation, pre-flight for CTP-compatible printers and service bureaus, PMS colour matching system, four-colour (CMYK) printing process and print production
• You have knowledge of digital typography and its role in contemporary design, communication theory and techniques, graphics, photography and illustration
• You have knowledge of current and emerging trends and technologies in multi-media, cross-media presentations and graphic design, and its application for websites, social media channels and digital media
Creative Design and Artistic Skills:
• You can create compelling designs that support market reach, brand identify, and overall cost effectiveness and impact
Analytical, Evaluation and Organizational Skills:
• You can identify appropriate graphic design concepts and messages, monitor project production plans, schedules and timelines
• You can prioritize multiple tasks, organize workflow and manage deadlines
• You can identify and resolve technical, production and scheduling related issues and challenges
Communication and Interpersonal Skills:
• You can communicate effectively with people, and provide consultative advice and services
Salary Range: $1,207.25 - $1,426.16 per week
· 1 Permanent, 10 Adelaide St E, Toronto, Toronto Region
Please apply online, only, by Monday, May 29, 2017, by visiting www.ontario.ca/careers and entering Job ID 107446 in the Job ID search field. Please follow the instructions to submit your application. Faxes are not being accepted at this time.
If you require accommodation in order to participate in the recruitment process, please contact us at www.gojobs.gov.on.ca/ContactUs.aspx to provide your contact information. Recruitment Services staff will contact you within 48 hours. Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
The Ontario Public Service is an inclusive employer. Accommodation will be provided in accordance with Ontario’s Human Rights Code.
|Category:||Graphics / Web|
Ontario Heritage Trust
10 Adelaide St E
Toronto, ON, CA
|Tags:||graphic design, communication, social media|
|Posted:||May 12, 2017|
|Closing:||May 29, 2017|
|Compensation:||$1,207.25 - $1,426.16 per week|
(This company has provided an external site for you to apply)