Supports the marketing and communications efforts of the Faculty of Engineering and Architectural Science (FEAS) by creating, designing and producing high quality and contemporary print and digital marketing and communication materials. Responsible for the design and development of digital content production such as video, audio, gifs, animation, motion graphics, infographics; finding creative and innovative ways to tell stories using a wide range of multimedia tools. Ensures that initiatives effectively promote FEAS’ objectives and key messages. This position works collaboratively in developing and translating concepts and ideas into a multimedia format.
Job requirements and responsibilities
The duties below may be assigned as needed, additional responsibilities and back-up support of a comparable nature may be required.
1. Participates in project planning and implementation.
- Provides an initial overview of project implementation requirements. Generates creative ideas within options. Analyzes and interprets requirements from a design perspective. Monitors deadlines and ensures concepts/production plans are within established budget, guidelines and in accordance with the brand. Meets with internal and external suppliers.
2. Designs and develops digital content production, print and digital marketing and communication materials.
- Creates design concepts for assigned projects; prepares rough and comprehensive storyboards and layouts according to established parameters of audience, budget, distribution venue, and FEAS’ marketing strategies and objectives, using industry-standard software.
- Designs and animates visually engaging motion graphics, infographics, gifs, icons, etc. for various mediums (web, mobile, social etc.); creates and edits video content and creates visual effects/elements to enhance storytelling.
- Art directs photography sessions as required.
3. Coordinates and implements marketing and communications activities for FEAS.
- Monitors and ensures that marketing and communication activities align with established strategies and timelines. Continually ensures adherence to Ryerson brand and style guidelines as well as industry and regulatory standards (i.e. AODA compliance, copyright, etc.).
- Completion of a post-secondary degree program in graphic design, multimedia design, visual communications, or media production is required to develop a good understanding of video, audio and new media production processes and to acquire detailed technical knowledge of digital video and audio systems, still photography and computer generated images and animations.
Required skills and demonstrated knowledge
- Demonstrated knowledge in the theory and application of graphic design including layout and composition, as related to web, print material, visual communication, typography, computer software applications, photography, video and motion graphics.
Submission assignment (To be included with your CV and Portfolio)
|Category:||Graphics / Web|
Toronto, ON, CA
|Posted:||May 16, 2017|
(This company has provided an external site for you to apply)