Vice Studio Canada Inc.
Producer Commercial Operations (6 month contract)
VICE is the world’s preeminent youth media company and content creation studio. Launched in 1994, VICE now operates in over 30 countries and distributes its programming to hundreds of millions of viewers each month across digital, linear, mobile, film and socials. VICE includes an international network of digital channels; a television and feature film production studio; a magazine; a record label; an in-house creative services agency; a book-publishing division; and a newly launched TV network in a joint venture with Rogers called VICELAND.
VICE's award-winning programming has been recognized by the Academy of Television Arts & Sciences, Peabody Awards, Canadian Screen Award, Sundance Film Festival, PEN Center, Cannes Lions, Frontline Club, Knight Foundation, American Society of Magazine Editors, LA Press Club, and Webby Awards, among others.
JOB TITLE: Producer, Commercial Operations (6 month contract)
REPORTS TO: Head of Integrated Production
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Manage and oversee the development of story ideas, including researching, location scouting and securing interviewees
· Oversee all production operations outside the office while on location
· Oversee travel bookings and location releases prior and during shoots
· Oversee call sheets
· Manage equipment bookings for shoots with the equipment department
· Manage the production team in the office and on location, while ensuring solid communication is maintained, and overseeing the budget
· Hire crew for various productions
· Create story boards, shot lists and production schedules for shoots
· Work with Project Manager to ensure each production is adhering to client deadlines as per work back schedules
· Execute and manage production activities such as directing and supervising when applicable
· Work with the post production team to ensure smooth workflow for deliverables
· Research and clear archival material with the legal team
· Provide notes for rough cuts and fine cuts to send to editor
· Update cost tracker with production actuals
· Contribute to talent pool and quality matrix
· Negotiate vendor contracts
· Manage any additional production duties as required
· University/College degree in Film and Arts or a related media or humanities field required.
· Exceptional time and resource management skills
· 3+ years of experience in a Producing role at a well digital production company (or equivalent) or advertising agency
· Knowledge of media production, communication, and dissemination techniques and methods
· Knowledge and understanding of Vice programming and style
· Experience producing branded content
· Experience managing multiple projects and work-streams
· Ability to assess vendor quality
· Experience negotiating vendor contracts
· Ability to collaborate and be a valued team contributor
· Experience with post-production and directorial activities
· Ability to locate visuals from a wide variety of sources
· Ability to work flexible hours and manage team meetings
· Ability to deal with quickly changing priorities
· Must be detailed orientated and highly organized
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills
· Working knowledge of MAC computer systems and program
HOW TO APPLY:
Reference “Producer, Commercial Ops (6 month contract)” in the subject field. No phone calls please.
***This job description is a general description of essential job functions. It is not intended as an employment contract, nor is it intended to describe all duties someone in this position may perform. All employees of Vice Media are expected to perform tasks assigned by supervisory personnel, regardless of job title or routine job duties***
If you do not hear back from us within one month of applying then unfortunately your application has been unsuccessful. Thank you once again for applying and we wish you success in your future career.
|Category:||Film / Video|
Vice Studio Canada Inc.
78 Mowat Ave
Toronto, ON, CA
|Tags:||producer, agency, production|
|Posted:||May 16, 2017|
|Closing:||Jun 02, 2017|