The Application Deadline for this job posting is coming soon. Apply by May 26, 2017!
9 Story Media Group
JOB TITLE: Human Resource Manager
REPORTS TO: CFO with dotted line to VP of HR
Working in a dynamic and creative business environment, the Human Resources Manager will be responsible for the full- employee life cycle and employee experience for 9 Story Media Group. This role will work closely with the Executive Leadership Team (ELT) to grow and develop the HR function at 9 Story.
This role will appeal to a HR leader who thrives in fast paced environments, who may previously have grown a function within a busy and changeable technology or media environment. You will be driven in your approach, while carefully balancing the responsibilities of the function within a creative and production driven studio environment In return, this position offers the successful candidate the chance to make a significant mark within the culture of the studio as a whole, thereby helping foster a supportive environment for all employees as part of the 9 Story Media Group.
· HR Management : Working closely with the ELT to develop and implement HR Strategy in line with business needs and company strategy.
· Working with ELT to design and implement appropriate company HR policies and procedures in line with best practice. This includes implementing the company’s new performance evaluation system. Ensure HR policies and procedures are communicated and alive throughout the organization.
· Lead, mentor and develop the HR Department team
· Provide coaching and support in the development of all managers to develop as managers and adhere to company policies and procedures
· Develop and manage training and evaluate a Learning & Development strategy across the employee life cycle from induction/probation, on-going employee training and development within the performance management system to drive high performance. This includes carrying out a TNA to establish training priorities and ensuring all training is evaluated to understand the ROI.
· Employee Relations (ER) - work with ELT and Managers to promote and foster a culture of pro-activeness in ER and a positive work environment. Ensure that any ER issues are managed in line with best practice and without delay to ensure there is minimal risk of a third party case.
· HR Admin - Overall responsibility for maintenance and up keep of employee records, including ensuring all work permits are up to date, and all contracts are compliant with legislation.
· HR Budget – working with CFO/ VP of HR, managing appropriate budget for HR Department
· Recruitment - develop recruitment strategy to ensure right hires are made as quickly as possible.
• 3+ years of HR Management experience required, preferably in an animation/creative environment.
• Experience in building and growing a HR function is a huge advantage
• Superior communication skills, able to facilitate and negotiate in staffing discussions.
• Tact and diplomacy in dealing with sensitive and confidential issues.
• Excellent judgment and strong problem solving skills, with superior agility navigating multiple priorities and/or difficult situations.
• Ability to influence and drive results at all levels of an organization, building relationships with both staff and senior leadership.
• Experience preparing and interpreting reports for delivery to key stakeholders.
• Professional, friendly, customer-centric with a flexible attitude.
• Computer literacy and advanced knowledge of the Microsoft Office suite, as well as Gmail and Google applications.
• Excellent knowledge of Canadian labour legislation
• CHRP designation or working towards designation is desired
• Previous experience with work permit applications highly beneficial
• Previous experience in HRIS implementation a distinct advantage
Applicants need to be legally eligible to work in Canada and have Ontario Residency.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age. Should you require accommodation throughout the recruitment process, please let us know your requirements when contacted.
|Category:||Admin / HR|
9 Story Media Group
23 Fraser Avenue
Toronto, ON, CA
|Tags:||human resources, HR, manager, management|
|Posted:||May 17, 2017|
|Closing:||May 26, 2017|