The Application Deadline for this job posting is coming soon. Apply by Jun 30, 2017!
Reflector Entertainment Ltd.
Manager Business & Legal Affairs
Reflector Entertainment Ltd. a subsidiary of Groupe Lune Rouge, is a global independent content creation company that specializes in the development, acquisition, production, financing and distribution of cross-platform entertainment. The Company’s diverse expertise spans across film, television, comic books, novels, video games, merchandising, licensing, and digital content.
The Manager Business & Legal Affairs position is a full-time position at the head office located in Montreal, QC. The successful candidate will be responsible for overseeing legal and business affairs for all of the company's projects, and liaising with appropriate department heads and/or legal counsel as necessary.
- Help strategize on all business affairs matters for development, production, post production, sales, distribution, and service of all endeavors of the Company.
- Work with outside counsel handling production legal, litigation, copyright and trademark, rights and clearance matters.
- Proofread, redline, draft and manage the execution of all contracts and SOW paperwork for projects
- Draft basic applications, correspondence
- Manage the Business Affairs electronic and paper filing systems including filing of all agreements, correspondence and documents.
- Track project key dates and milestones including delivery dates, tax credit deadlines, fund application deadlines, payment milestones and option rights deadlines.
- Responsible for creating Business Analysis deliverables for projects in development.
- Responsible for overseeing the creation of master budgets and cost reports on projects entering development.
- Deal with guilds and unions
- Oversee the preparation of: production cash flows for interim financing, investor report and production insurance applications
- Assist with production audits by independent auditors and CRA, review financial statements
- Oversee the creation and closing of various funding applications (Provincial, Federal, and private funding and regulatory bodies, tax credit applications)
- Work with accounting department to oversee calculation of residuals, royalties
- Business and/or legal degree.
- At least 5 years of business affairs experience within the entertainment industry
- Direct experience negotiating and papering production, development, writer/director/talent, licensing, publishing, agreements
- Excellent negotiation techniques and an ability to handle commercial as well as legal negotiations
- Experience working with international partners
- Ability to multitask and prioritize
- Ability to analyze and synthesize, demonstrate creativity
- Able to work under pressure to tight deadlines
- Excellent communication skills
- Reliable, Professional
- Resourceful, good sense of initiative, capacity to adapt
- Strong organizational skills
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Ability to think and plan several steps ahead
- Knowledge in latest funding, tax credits and certification guidelines an asset
- Fluency in French an asset
|Category:||Admin / HR|
Reflector Entertainment Ltd.
2200 Stanley 3rd Floor
Montreal, QC, CA
|Tags:||entertainment, film, television, comic books, novels, video games, merchandising, licensing, digital content|
|Posted:||Jun 01, 2017|
|Closing:||Jun 30, 2017|