Intermediate/Senior Account ExecutiveFeatured
BusinessWeek magazine called us “one of the best radio stations in the world”
We received our broadcasting license in 1947 and continue to thrive as an independent voice in a marketplace dominated by several large broadcasters. Over the years our format and technology has changed, but our mandate remains the same - to enrich the cultural, educational and arts experience of listeners around the world. In 2016, JAZZ.FM91 was named Toronto's favorite radio station by Now Magazine readers and won the coveted ‘Best Jazz Format’ at the New York Festival Radio Awards.
As a listener-supported broadcaster, we have built a passionate and loyal audience who crave diversity and musical sophistication, embraced through an all-jazz format within a charitable, arts and education context. The JAZZ.FM91 community extends across Canada and around the world.
More than a broadcaster, JAZZ.FM91 offers youth education programs (with over 1,000 youth participating each year), adult education, and live concerts and events through-out the year (over 7,000 attend annually).
If you love radio, the arts, and making an impact, we would love to hear from you. We are seeking an energetic, innovative and results oriented individual to fill the role of
Intermediate/Senior Account Executive
You will be responsible for maximizing JAZZ.FM91’s advertising and sponsorship revenue while ensuring we maintain the integrity of our brand and investigate new sales, marketing and promotion strategies.
Key Role Responsibilities/Activities/Deliverables:
As the Intermediate/Senior Account Executive, you will be responsible for growing sales for our non-traditional, direct, agency and national advertising streams. In addition, you will generate new revenue opportunities from leads and from current customer lists. You will work independently and co-operatively with all related departments (finance, programming, promotions, production, etc.).
- Meet and exceed Monthly/ quarterly/annual radio, web and NTR targets;
- Maximize revenue through rate management;
- Remain current on industry trends and the marketplace;
- Develop relationships with current clients to further enhance and strengthen partnerships;
- Develop new revenue streams by prospecting new advertisers and sponsors;
- Manage client and sponsor expectations by fully understanding their goals and challenges;
- Manage and grow existing clients through exceptional customer service and follow through;
- Design and deliver professional and multi-level presentations;
- Assist in the development and creation of client creative;
- Ensure that all deliverables are met for each client; and
- Manage receivables working directly with the Traffic and A/R Manager.
With at least three to five years of experience in the broadcast industry and/or corporate sales, you have a track record of growing revenue through acquisition, renewal and upgrade, re-engagement and stewardship. Your portfolio includes evidence of the impact you have directly made to campaigns and other projects.
You will be an ambassador for JAZZ.FM91 as you build relationships to grow and steward advertisers, partners and other stakeholders.
What we are looking for in a candidate:
- High motivation for success, with excellent initiative and managerial skills;
- At least three years of work experience in broadcast sales, preferably with a combination of radio and digital sales;
- Proficiency using AirWare, Infosys and RTS;
- Expert written and verbal communication skills, including developing and presenting proposals;
- Exceptional prospecting, networking and negotiation skills;
- Proven track record in selling multi-platform proposals (radio, online, social media, digital);
- A track-record of being a team player who can lead and be an exceptional contributor;
- Strong work ethic, attention to detail, good time-management skills and the ability to work to a deadline;
- Proven ability to solve problems and present solutions;
- Post-secondary education in marketing and/or sales; and
- The ability to work evenings and/or weekends during concerts and other station events which clients and/or prospective clients may attend.
If you have the skills it takes to be part of this organization, pitch us!
For more information about the organization, visit www.jazz.fm.
This search process will commence immediately and will remain open until a successful candidate is selected. Qualified applicants are invited to submit their resume and letter of interest, in confidence, to email@example.com.
4 Pardee Ave., Unit 100
Toronto, ON, CA
|Posted:||Jul 05, 2017|
|Apply Now (This company has requested a direct email with resume attached)|