Senior Marketing Designer
Are you an experienced graphic designer with a passion for digital? Do you heavily rely on an understanding of your customer and data to drive your design decisions? Does the idea of joining a rapidly growing tech company excite you? If yes, read on!
Thinkific makes it easy for thousands of independent experts and companies to quickly create and deliver stunning online courses on their own sites. As a team, we are passionate about helping our customers grow their online businesses through education. We believe in meaningful, innovative work: we're building and expanding an incredible product that empowers course creators around the globe, while working collaboratively to learn and succeed together.
At Thinkific, you won’t just be building webpages. We’re looking for a motivated and exceptionally skilled senior designer to work closely with our marketing team! You’ll help them bring their campaign landing pages to life, help tell the story of our brand through pixel-perfect visuals, drive the development of cutting-edge work and contribute to the look and feel of our main thinkific.com site.
As a member of the design team working cross-functionally with our marketers, you will help be responsible for making people fall in love with Thinkific before they become a customer. Our audience will drool over your ebook designs, proudly share your graphics on social media, and flow effortlessly through the responsive website you designed.
Some of your typical responsibilities might look like:
- Making people fall in love with Thinkific
- Working with marketing stakeholders to design responsive, campaign-specific landing pages and web designs
- Laying out and designing case studies, ebooks, and whitepapers
- Creating conversion-focused graphics for blog posts, newsletters, and ads
- Creating illustrated elements like icons and diagrams
- Conceptualizing and implementing design solutions from concept to completion
- Researching, testing, and implementing conversion-focused layouts and design elements
- Staying on top of design trends, with the ability to create current designs that are applicable to a cross-section of our customer base
- Identifying design problems and devising elegant, user-centric solutions
- Sharing and reviewing your designs based on peer feedback, user research, testing, and user feedback
- Building out as much of your vision as possible using HTML5, SASS and JS (and collaborating with the product team to help you execute when necessary)
Here are a few hints that you might be the person we’re looking for (you match up with a number of these):
- 3+ years of designing responsive sites for the web
- 3+ years of conversion-focused design work (with both print and digital projects to show in your portfolio)
- Experience leading a design team lead or providing mentorship to junior designers
- A solid understanding of good UX/UI principles
- The ability to confidently make your designs a reality with HTML5, SASS and JS
- Experience designing for mobile (familiarity with Google Material Design and responsive design)
- Experience with templating languages like Jekyll, Liquid or similar
- Expertise with design tools like Photoshop and Sketch
- You see design, layout and typography everywhere
- You have a very strong understanding of mobile and responsive web design
- You know how to run an A/B and are always striving to improve the effectiveness and usability of your designs
- You are a thoughtful and considerate communicator who thrives on sharing ideas
- An understanding that great experiences come from collaborative decision-making with front-end developers, engineers, researchers, customer success, and other disciplines (we love design sprints!)
- Even better... if you’ve got experience working in a startup environment!
- You have experience creating website templates for use by a variety of end customers
- You’ve successfully created and implemented design systems and style guides
Why we think you’ll like working with us:
- Be part of a collaborative, driven team focused on building best-in-class software for one of the fastest-growing companies in Vancouver
- We offer competitive salaries, health/dental/vision benefits, and an open vacation policy
- Our office is stocked with snacks, coffee, and the occasional Friday beer to keep you fueled
- We're dog-friendly and have many furry friends sitting nearby, ready to be cuddled
- Bond with your teammates at fun company events (we've done nights in Escape Rooms and a weekend in Whistler in the past)
- We have an amazing existing team of really talented engineers, marketers, designers, customer success coaches, and other tech industry pros that want to work with you
- Everyone has an equal opportunity to impact our product and company—we strongly value all of our people (the ones we work alongside and the ones we serve)
This is an incredible role for the right person. We can’t wait to meet you!
|Category:||Advertising / Marketing|
Vancouver, BC, CA
|Posted:||Jul 10, 2017|
(This company has provided an external site for you to apply)