UX Designer 2
Do you put human needs and motivations at the center of your design thinking? Are you delighted when the gadgets in your world take care of the little things for you? Do you see technology as a tool for amplifying and enhancing the things that make us human--giving us superpowers? The Windows and Devices Group Design Studios is a team of multidisciplinary designers working to make technology that integrates seamlessly into the human world. We're at the forefront of defining the design agenda and design language for Microsoft--and we're hiring!
This role is in the Storefronts & Services design team focused on the Information and Content Experiences portfolio of products. We seek a Designer to join our team of talented multi-faceted designers. You have a clean aesthetic, focused and of high quality. You have a good understanding of modern design trends, in the technology sector and beyond. You love to growth-hack and love crafting in a startup like environment. Not only are you able to get things done at a foundational level, but you’re also able to craft delight into everyday design - inserting emotive expression that will place a smile on our users.
You are a conceptual thinker as well as a craftsperson. You’re able to take conceptual designs and inject them with life through interactive prototypes on several platforms to facilitate decision making. You are a seasoned hybrid between design and development with excellent understanding of design language, interaction and motions design, and development front-end architecture across web and mobile platforms.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Participate in the design, observation, and analysis of user research.
- Deliver wireframes, comps and assets on time and with quality.
- Effectively communicate with developers through implementation phase to realize design vision.
- Create interactive mockups and lightweight prototypes to communicate and validate design decisions.
- Work with user researchers to interpret test results and incorporate results into design efforts.
- Work with developers to ensure visual and interactions are implemented with polish.
- Qualified candidates should have at least 5 years of product design experience.
- Extremely strong motion design sensibilities, ability to use visual thinking, storyboards, sketching, and communication design to create breakthrough interaction design.
- Deep understanding of fundamental motion design principles (timing, staging, etc.) and how they affect the user experience.
- Expertise creating a variety of motion design documents including motion studies/renders, storyboards, creative briefs, motion data, and motion style guidelines.
- A meticulous sense of detail and ability to seek out simple solutions to complex design challenges.
- An ability to approach a project from multiple angles, and deliver a variety of solutions.
- Familiarity with user scenarios, task flows, conceptual models, competitor analysis, and heuristic analysis.
- Exposure to and understanding of variety of design, project management, and development processes and methodologies including agile development methods.
- Experience in delivering production assets to development counterpart on time and with quality.
- Fluency in current animation and entertainment trends.
- Demonstrable ability to work confidently with Program Management, Development, Product Planning, Brand, Marketing, and Usability.
- Excellent communication, presentation, and organizational skills.
- Understand the array of technical constraints, user goals and business requirements that shape current and future products.
- Proficiency with, After Effects, Cinema 4d/Maya, Photoshop, Illustrator, and all related business and design tools.
- Ability to quickly produce stunning and elegant motion studies.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
- Strong organizational skills and an attention to detail.
- A minimum of a BA/BS degree in Motion Design, Graphic Design, Communication Design, Interface Design, Interaction Design, or equivalent experience.
Vancouver, BC, CA
|Posted:||Jul 16, 2017|
(This company has provided an external site for you to apply)