Professor - Video Game Design and Development
Professor – Video Game Design and Development (COM 201700156)
School of Contemporary Media
Faculty of Arts, Media and Design
Employment Group: Faculty
Type of Position: Full-time Permanent
Hours of Work Per Week: 44
Closing Date for Internal Applications (Full-time or Partial Load): August 4, 2017
Closing Date for External Applications: Open Until Filled
A full-time Professor at Fanshawe College is responsible for providing academic leadership and for developing an effective learning environment for students. The successful candidate will teach a wide range of courses in the Video Game Design and Development Program. The successful candidate will also provide support to ongoing research projects. Candidates must be committed to teaching and mentoring students by engaging students in experiential education opportunities.
· Combination of excellent leadership and teaching skills with a strong commitment to academic excellence and student success
· Excellent communicator
· Strong interpersonal skills
· Ability to relate effectively to a wide variety of learners
· Strong technical/computer skills and familiarity with educational technologies are required
· Teaching experience with hybrid and/or online delivery preferred
· Related work experience, previous college teaching experience and knowledge of curriculum design and student evaluations are assets
· Post-secondary 2-year diploma in Animation, Game Art and Design, Fine Art or a related discipline
· An Advanced Diploma and/or university education (Bachelor's/Master's degree is an asset
· Minimum 5 years experience in a video game or film production environment, with a strong record of success in the industry
· An equivalent combination of education and/or experience may be considered
· A strong portfolio showing a range of professional work and experience
· Strong preference given to candidates with some degree of teaching experience, ideally at the post-secondary level
· Practical industry experience with core skills as a modeler or 3D animator
· Supplementary skills in texturing, rigging, lighting, character design, concept art
· A strong sense of design and colour theory
· Expertise in the Autodesk (3D Max, Maya, XSI, Mudbox) and Adobe suite of tools
· ZBrush and UNITY experience would be an asset
Approximate Start Date: August 21, 2017
Salary: Determination of starting salaries is based on relevant teaching/occupational experience and relevant formal qualifications, supported with original transcripts from granting institutions. The salary scale is $61,638 to $106,853 along with a comprehensive benefit package.
Partial load or full-time academic staff presently employed with the College will be given first consideration in accordance with the Academic Collective Agreement.
While transcripts are not required for the interview, they are mandatory prior to any offer of employment.
How to Apply:
Click on the "Apply Now" button on this site.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be acknowledged.
Fanshawe College is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to equity, value diversity, and welcome applicants from diverse backgrounds.
Fanshawe College provides accommodations to job applicants with disabilities throughout the hiring process. If a job applicant requires an accommodation during the application process or through the selection process, the hiring manager and the Recruitment Coordinator leading the recruitment will work with the applicant to meet the job applicant's accommodation needs.
|Category:||Graphics / Web|
1001 Fanshawe College Blvd.
London, ON, CA
|Posted:||Jul 28, 2017|
|Compensation:||$61,638 to $106,853|
(This company has provided an external site for you to apply)