Chaput Hughes, ON
Senior User Experience Designer
Data can be complicated. Let\u2019s make it easy, together.
Tableau\u2019s mission is to help people see and understand their data.
Do you find data visualization fascinating? Are you excited about helping
people see and understand data - from non-profits to research firms, and
startups to fortune-500 companies? How about designing tools and experiences
that allow people to explore their data by creating beautiful scatter plots
and charts or colorful maps?
If this sounds interesting to you, we\u2019d love to meet you and maybe you\u2019ll
become the next member of our design team. Our team currently consists of 20
visual and interaction designers. We work in multidisciplinary teams to\u00a0create
tools and\u00a0experiences for our\u00a0desktop, web, and mobile products, focuses on a
variety of areas such as: visual analytics, (big) data, sharing insights and
Visual analytics is at the foundation of Tableau's mission to help explore their data by creating meaningful bar charts, beautiful scatter plots or rich and\u00a0colorful geographical maps. This team envisions and designs .and we want you to join the team that builds the analytical heartbeat of our desktop, web, and mobile apps. You see the shapes and meaning in rows and columns of data, and you want to help everyone share their own magical data experiences.
The (big) data team designs experience to help people, from individual
users to data managers and administrators to deal with massive amounts of data
of different types, such\u00a0JSON and Excel, as well as a variety of sources such
as Sales Force, Google, Amazon.\u00a0Designers on this team take advantage of
machine learning to design powerful tools to help people clean and manage data
for it to be used and analyzed.
The Tableau Collaboration team envisions and designs spaces and
experiences that help Tableau customers collaborate, communicate, share, and
explore their vizzes and insights. Designers on this team evaluate and
integrate what users love about collaborative systems like Slack, Dropbox, and
Google Docs, with what our customers love about using Tableau.
The Sharing Insights team designs new ways for people to tell beautiful
and engaging stories with their data. Designers on this team create experience
that help our customers captivate a crowd with a well-told data tale that wows
them with unexpected insights. They turn data storytellers into artists by
giving them tools to craft their presentations into fine masterpieces and
unleash their power in using data to changing the world.
What we do
• We work\u00a0directly with engineers, be they front-end, back-end, QA, or PM, from beginning to end. There are no hand-offs here.
• We foster a healthy design practice by giving and receiving feedback with maturity and perspective.
• We coach,\u00a0mentor and grow new, impressionable, and excited designers.\u00a0
• We are always looking for even\u00a0better ways to scale and increase the impact of our\u00a0design team: improve, apply and involve people in our craft. Where should we go next?\u2028\u2028\u2028\u2028\u2028
What we create\u2028
• Experiences that feel simple\u00a0and straightforward, even when the data is not.
• Turn complex and technical concepts into easy to understand tools.
• Scenarios, user flows, wireframes, and working prototypes that clearly communicate design intent to everyone, designers and non-designers alike.
What we\u2019re looking for:\u00a0
• Bachelors or higher degree in User Experience related field (UX design, HCI, Graphic design)
• 7 or more years of UX/visual/other applicable design experience, which may include work as a UX designer, UX architect, creative director, or industrial designer.\u00a0\u2028
• A rich portfolio of design work demonstrating user experiences beyond websites and mobile apps, and track record of delivering products to market.
• Solid understanding of the design process and best practices.
• Experience with data visualization, software development and/or designing multi-system products and services are a big plus.
• A team player, flexible and open while designing, discussing, and presenting your work.
• The ability to work fast and generate a wide variety of high quality solutions.
• A passion for learning, sharing and collaboration: new design tools and processes, new technical areas, better ways to get things done.\u2028
• A scout for talent,\u00a0on the\u00a0lookout for the best talent to bring onboard to help us continue to build one of the best companies in the world!
Tableau Software is a company on a mission. We help people see and understand
their data. After a highly successful IPO in 2013, Tableau has become a
market-defining company in the business intelligence industry. Our culture is
casual and high-energy. We are passionate about our product and our mission
and we are loyal to each other and our company. We value work/life balance,
efficiency, simplicity, freakishly friendly customer service, and making a
difference in the world!
Tableau Software is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Send us an email or click \u2018apply now\u2019 to submit your resume. \u2028We\u2019re looking
forward to meeting you!
Tableau Software is a company on a mission. We help people see and understand their data. After a highly successful IPO in 2013, Tableau has become a market-defining company in the business intelligence industry. Our culture is casual and high-energy. We are passionate about our product and our mission and we are loyal to each other and our company. We value work/life balance, efficiency, simplicity, freakishly friendly customer service, and making a difference in the world!
Tableau Software is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Chaput Hughes, ON, CA
|Posted:||Aug 07, 2017|
(This company has provided an external site for you to apply)