The Application Deadline for this job posting is Tomorrow. Apply by Sep 25, 2017!
Blue Ant Media
Blue Ant Media is a privately held, international content producer, distributor and channel operator. From our production houses around the world, we create content for multiple genres including factual, factual entertainment, short-form digital series and kids programming. Our distribution business, Blue Ant International, offers a catalogue of 2,300+ hours of content, including the largest 4K natural history offering on the market. Blue Ant Media’s international channel business offers a portfolio of media brands such as Love Nature (International), ZooMoo Networks (International), Smithsonian Channel Canada, BBC Earth (Canada) and HGTV (New Zealand). Blue Ant Media is headquartered in Toronto, with operations in Los Angeles, Singapore, Auckland, Dunedin, London, Sydney, Beijing and Taipei.
Check us out at www.BlueAntMedia.ca
Our brands are a product of our employees who are passionate experts in all of these areas. They are fanatical about creating outstanding content and experiences; and enthusiastic about delivering it on new and evolving platforms.
We actively seek out people who embody our core values—optimism, creativity, entrepreneurism, agility and integrity. We attract creative talents who are optimistic about the evolving future of content and who take pride in seeing opportunity where others see challenges. We encourage employees to think like small business owners by taking ownership on projects and giving them the flexibility to take risks and embrace an evolving media landscape. Our team members excel at collaborating with internal and external partners and our culture fosters sharing ideas and treating all people with respect.
Are you one of us?
Reporting to the Manager, Communications for Blue Ant Media’s Canadian Media Division, we are seeking an enthusiastic and dedicated Communications Coordinator to join our team.
The Communications Coordinator is a trusted support person, wearer of many hats and overall superstar. The ideal candidate has outstanding writing and organizational skills and will assist the Manager, Communications with daily requests and projects in the field of publicity including media monitoring, database management, budget management and coordinating materials for national and local press. This role will also see the Communications Coordinator owning the Canadian Media division’s Viewer Relations portfolio which includes replying to audience questions and feedback via email, telephone and written inquiries for the group’s eight media brands, BBC Earth, Love Nature, Makeful, Smithsonian Channel Canada, A.Side, T+E, Cottage Life and HIFI. This role will also include working on special events and PR projects and working with several departments across the business.
Responsibilities & Duties
· Research, prioritize and assist strategic publicity opportunities for the Canadian Media and Blue Ant Media’s Consumer Shows teams
· Manage press contact lists
· Write/design communications materials when necessary
· Compile and distribute bi-weekly media clippings report
· Assist all members of the Communications team on its departmental activities, including Canadian Media & Consumer Show Media Relations, Internal Communications and corporate initiatives, as required
· Reply to viewer email, telephone and written inquiries in a timely manner
· Work collaboratively with Communications, Scheduling, Legal, Media Ops and Senior Management to advise of urgent issues and to respond to formal inquiries as needed
· Be up to date, at all times, on current CBSC and CRTC Regulatory Codes and Processes
· Generate and distribute a monthly audience relations report to key stakeholders, with concise feedback on viewer engagement with our linear and streaming video platforms, identifying key trends, hot topics, emerging issues and general feedback
· Process invoices and maintain tracking system for the Communications department
Experience & Qualifications
· A Communications degree or post-graduate diploma from an accredited college or university is required for this role
· One year of experience working in public relations
· An ability to display good judgment in decision making and correspondence
· Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills
· Proficient in Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, Gmail and Google Docs
· Candidate must be flexible and agile in terms of working in a fast-paced job with tight deadlines. We’re looking for someone who thrives in this kind of environment and has a great attitude
· A passion for working in television, digital media and technology!
Blue Ant Media celebrates diversity in both its programming and workforce. We encourage applications from individuals of all backgrounds who are eligible to work in Canada.
We thank all candidates for their interest in Blue Ant Media and we will reach out to those candidates that are under consideration. If you are contacted for an interview and require an accommodation during the recruitment process, please advise Human Resources.
|Category:||Publicity / PR|
Blue Ant Media
130 Merton Street
Toronto, ON, CA
|Posted:||Aug 28, 2017|
|Closing:||Sep 25, 2017|
(This company has provided an external site for you to apply)