Kitco Metals Inc
Reporting to the editor-in-chief, the Associate Producer will be responsible for the production schedule and content creation of Kitco News and Kitco Video News. He/she will participate with the Editorial team and assist in the preparation of content and data for Kitco News. The Associate Producer will perform duties such as writing copy, copy editing, video editing, and searching for news stories. He/she will support the team’s publishing goals by meeting deadlines as well as taking responsibility for quality control – ensuring the accuracy and completeness of the work product. The Associate Producer will participate in the news and opinion production in the form of research, analysis, and writing to support the development and maintenance of Kitco News. The associate producer will work closely with the Editor-in-chief and Video Editor to create content that will generate high traffic for kitco.com
Essential Functions and Tasks
The responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to the following:
- Be the gatekeeper of the News and Commentaries video production calendar and work closely with all talent (anchors, commentators, etc.) to assist in the content production.
- Develop and maintain a network of sources including but not limited to financiers, analysts, politicians, etc. for interviews.
- Conduct interviews and research as needed.
- Assess incoming website update requests, scheduling the work, resourcing others needed for the updates (e.g., web developers, commentators, reporters, etc.), making updates in the CMS, ensuring requests are completed in a timely manner, working in priority order as determined by the media strategy, communicating status and roadblocks, interacting with business partners, and all internal departments.
- Develop and maintain a contingency plan for handling breaking stories.
- Manage and coordinate all aspects of media conferences including but not limited to: interviews, travel arrangements, graphics, booths, marketing, promotional materials, etc… as well as create, implement and execute a sponsorship deliverables plan for media conferences.
- Produce programming outside the conventional form; determine the sequence and flow of the news and various programs by staying in communication with assignment desk.
- Format and write material for the web assets (video and written).
- Produce and help edit videos for publication as well as promoting videos via 3rd Party Platforms such as YouTube (including adding descriptions and tags to maximize SEO).
- Support News production by identifying and obtaining relevant story ideas and interviewees.
- Contribute to and support editorial efforts with ideas and research.
- Contribute original stories.
- Ensure information on all Kitco Web assets are properly updated and meet media strategies and guidelines.
- Ensure all Social Media tactics and activities outlined for the Media department are executed.
- Develop new features for sites.
- Communicate show needs with writers, producers and assignment desks.
- Participate in development of new e-mail newsletters, special projects, and implementation of new Web technologies; Work with IT and Sales teams to execute web projects.
- Think of innovative ideas for the Kitco News site to increase traffic and reach out to a broader demographic.
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Required Skills and Competencies
- The candidate must be able to handle themselves professionally, in changing and challenging situations and be able to react quickly under duress.
- Ideal candidate must be aggressive and be able to adapt to changing technology, demonstrate strong editorial judgment and be willing to work with a flexible schedule.
- Candidates must be extremely flexible and willing to support breaking news and coverage as needed
- Effective group and individual communication skills.
- Fluent in English (written, spoken and read), French an asset
Technical /Professional Competencies
- University degree in Finance is preferred OR University degree in Journalism with a strong knowledge/interest in Finance
- Interest in Commodities and Markets
- Strong English language skills, including knowledge of AP Style
- Understanding of graphics, social media and non-linear production is essential.
- Web and Digital media reporting or production experience.
- Previous publishing experience would be an asset.
- Knowledge with Video Editing an asset
General or Personal Competencies
- Creative thinker
- Flexible mindset and willing to adjust and change on the fly
- Patient, personable, high energy, dependable, friendly, positive attitude
- Ability to handle pressure situations
- Ability to take ownership of problems – self starter
- Task and detail oriented
- Willingness to get the job done
- Team player
- Some travel may be needed (up to 6 to10 times per year max)
Job Type: Full-time
- finance degree or Journalism degree + interest in finance: 2 years
- graphics, social media and non linear production: 1 year
Kitco Metals Inc
Montreal, QC, CA
|Posted:||Oct 03, 2017|
(This company has provided an external site for you to apply)