Host Radio (English Services) - REG00456
Host, Radio (English Services) - REG00456
Job Family Programming (TV-Radio-Web)
Primary Location Regina
Status of Employment Contract, Full-time
What it’s like working at CBC/Radio-Canada
At CBC/Radio-Canada, we create content that informs, entertains and connects Canadians on multiple platforms. Our successes and accomplishments are driven by embodying and upholding values, which include creativity, integrity, inclusiveness and relevance.
Do you think you have the ability and drive to keep up with this exciting, ever-changing industry? Whether it be in front of the camera, on air, online or behind the scenes, you would be joining a team that thrives on making connections and telling stories that are important to Canadians.
CBC Saskatchewan is looking for a Host for our 06:00 – 08:30 show “The Morning Edition.” As the Host of this show, you will perform a leading role in one or more regional or local programs on radio. You will perform a variety of tasks related to and associated with the preparation and on-air presentation of information for radio. As a Host you may also be involved in the development and execution of the program and the direction of the program will be influenced by your specialized knowledge and performance capabilities. Work is governed by CBC programming and journalistic policies and standards but there is a requirement for creativity, initiative and independent judgement. Work regularly involves the coordination of the activities of others.
Please note that this is a full time, one year contract position subject to review and renewal.
We are looking for a candidate with the following:
- A university degree or equivalent.
- Five years of comparable and relevant experience that demonstrates knowledge of the broadcasting industry and an understanding and awareness of issues and events particular to Regina, Saskatchewan, and how to bring them to life on the radio.
- Excellent reporting, interviewing and writing skills.
- Ability to present material with credibility and authority in a range of situations.
- Ability to generate lively discussion on air.
- Superb analytical skills and ability to make complex subjects easily understood.
- A strong presentation style and ease with live coverage.
- Ability to generate original and innovative material.
- A demonstrated ability to originate new story ideas and establish a track record in breaking news stories and gather information from a variety of sources.
- Ability to work effectively under pressure and deadlines.
- Strong interpersonal and team playing skills as well as creativity and flexibility.
- Ability to work various shifts and overtime.
- Demonstrated ability to provide live on air reports and interviews.
- Ability to interact live, with a variety of guests/journalists.
- Excellent understanding of CBC, journalistic and programming policies, standards practices.
- A demonstrated understanding of Saskatchewan’s political and cultural landscape.
- Knowledge of Saskatchewan’s radio market.
- Demonstrated ability to use social media and other resources to build contacts and resources.
- Will participate in public and/or community relations activities as appropriate, to promote the program and/or the Corporation.
Please include in your application an online link to your demo.
Candidates may be subject to skills and knowledge testing.
CBC/Radio-Canada is committed to being a leader in reflecting our country’s diversity. That’s because we can only create and tell the stories that connect Canadians, by having a workforce that mirrors the ever-changing makeup of our country. That’s why we, as an employer, value equal opportunity and nurture an inclusive workplace where our individual differences are not only recognized and valued, but also extend to and pervade all the services we provide as Canada’s public broadcaster. For more information, visit the Talent and Diversity section of our website. If you have accommodation needs at this stage of the recruitment process, please inform us as soon as possible by sending an e-mail to email@example.com
If this sounds interesting, please apply online! We thank all applicants for their interest, but only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Please apply online at: https://rita.illicohodes.com/go/59f0c74d84335775ca390e1e/51fc022158b70066fae49ff7/en
Regina, SK, CA
|Posted:||Oct 25, 2017|
(This company has provided an external site for you to apply)