Producer Radio (English Services) - EDM00561
Producer, Radio (English Services) - EDM00561
Job Family Programming (TV-Radio-Web)
Primary Location Edmonton
Status of Employment Permanent, Full-time
What it’s like working at CBC/Radio-Canada
At CBC/Radio-Canada, we create content that informs, entertains and connects Canadians on multiple platforms. Our successes and accomplishments are driven by embodying and upholding values, which include creativity, integrity, inclusiveness and relevance.
Do you think you have the ability and drive to keep up with this exciting, ever-changing industry? Whether it be in front of the camera, on air, online or behind the scenes, you would be joining a team that thrives on making connections and telling stories that are important to Canadians.
CBC Edmonton is looking for a Producer to join our Radio Current Affairs team. The Producer is responsible primarily for the morning program, Edmonton AM. S/he will assign and oversee all staff and freelancers to effectively and efficiently cover the stories and issues affecting the people of Edmonton and Northern Alberta. The Producer reports to the Executive Producer and is a key member of the CBC Edmonton Current Affairs team.
We are looking for a candidate with the following:
- University degree or equivalent with five years' experience of which three must involve work in broadcasting or a closely related industry, which is directly related to the area of assignment.
- A strong team leader with the ability to inspire others.
- Demonstrated talent as a programmer with an ear for pacing, tone, presentation and production.
- Superior writing, editorial and production skills. Interest in cross-platform media production.
- Solid journalistic background.
- An ability to choose relevant, audience focused stories, which reflect issues being discussed by the general public.
- Quick to react and respond to breaking stories.
- Interest and knowledge of events and issues in the community.
- Demonstrated skills in the area of conflict resolution, mentoring, talent recognition and development.
- An innovator and risk taker.
- A commitment to reflecting community and diversity.
- Demonstrated Social Media skills.
- Demonstrated knowledge of Edmonton and Northern Alberta.
Candidates may be subject to skills and knowledge testing.
CBC/Radio-Canada is committed to being a leader in reflecting our country’s diversity. That’s because we can only create and tell the stories that connect Canadians, by having a workforce that mirrors the ever-changing makeup of our country. That’s why we, as an employer, value equal opportunity and nurture an inclusive workplace where our individual differences are not only recognized and valued, but also extend to and pervade all the services we provide as Canada’s public broadcaster. For more information, visit the Talent and Diversity section of our website. If you have accommodation needs at this stage of the recruitment process, please inform us as soon as possible by sending an e-mail to email@example.com
If this sounds interesting, please apply online! We thank all applicants for their interest, but only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Please apply online at: https://rita.illicohodes.com/go/59fcdb0695823204a7538811/51fc022158b70066fae49ff7/en
Edmonton, AB, CA
|Posted:||Nov 07, 2017|
(This company has provided an external site for you to apply)