At Rogers we’re for supporting you on a journey to a rewarding career. Whether you’re a developer, an analyst, or a customer care consultant, Rogers is the place where ideas become reality. We embrace change, and find ways to do better. And we deliver on that commitment by fostering an environment of passion and innovation for all people.
What you will be doing:
- Advancing the story and entertaining and exciting the viewer with strong research and writing ability.
- Attend weekly content and programming meetings.
- Contribute to creative brainstorms on new content, show and branded content development
- Collaborate with the Producer(s) and programming team to get a solid understanding of show requirements
- Assist producer with footage gathering, able to work independently and on multiple projects at once.
- Search for any needed visuals using EVS, Quantel and/or Ardome
- Control room and field production experience an asset.
- Able to recognize deadlines and prioritize work accordingly.
- Work directly with editors on features, packaging and finalizing shows.
- Enter font information; including researched stats, ensuring all information is factually and grammatically correct as well as following the designed style guide.
Work directly with sales co-ordinators on client related branded content.
What you will have:
- Must have sound communication skills.
- Social Media awareness is required
- Minimum 2-3 years of experience writing for broadcast
- Knowledge of all technical equipment used in production as well as a general understanding of how all areas of a newsroom operate.
- Awareness of big sports storylines
Exemplary news knowledge
Minimum 3 years television news production experience.
- Graduate of a broadcasting or journalism program or equivalent experience.
Must be able to work various shifts (including weekends and evenings)
- Simplify and innovate
- Take ownership of the what and the how
- Equip people to succeed
- Execute with discipline and pride
- Talk straight, build trust, and over deliver
180 West 2nd Avenue
Vancouver, BC, CA
|Posted:||Nov 09, 2017|
(This company has provided an external site for you to apply)