Reel One Entertainment
Business Affairs Coordinator
Reel One Entertainment, a dynamic international film and television production and distribution with offices in Vancouver, Los Angeles, Montreal and London, is looking for a BUSINESS AFFAIRS COORDINATOR for its Montreal office.
Reporting to the Manager of Business & Legal Affairs, this individual will be responsible for:
· Administering various business affairs activities for a slate of productions and acquisitions, including but not limited to:
o Monitoring various production activities, including communicating and tracking contractual obligations, payments, approval requirements, credits, clearances, Canadian-content and tax credit compliance, stock footage and ensuring timely and accurate compliance by production of regulations and contractual obligations.
o Administering tax credit applications for various provincial and federal agencies, including Canadian and US credits (i.e. OMDC, SODEC, Creative BC, CAVCO), as well as understanding the compliance regulations for each credit, and assisting production with adhering to such requirements.
o Generating guild signatory and compliance documentation, calculating residuals estimates, and managing the guild process for each project
o Drafting and tracking execution of various production, cast and crew contracts, utilizing legal templates.
o Preparing credit and contractual obligation statements, clearance reports, stock footage clearances and licenses, E&O insurance, back end summaries
o Liaising with production, finance, distribution and broadcasters on various business affairs issues and providing general business affairs support
Other responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
· Contract administration for projects in development including reviewing option and writer contracts, facilitating any writers’ guild processes, ensuring timely payments, tracking option renewals and exercises, tracking milestone, bonus and contingent compensation payments and facilitating chain of title transfer to production companies.
· Assisting in research and strategic analysis of guilds, financial incentives, and work/immigration laws in potential production locales around the world.
· Supporting senior Business Affairs members with a variety of regular and special tasks.
Required Skills, Experience and Qualifications:
· Minimum 3 years business affairs experience in the film and television industry
· Strong knowledge of film and television tax credits, grants and other financial incentives
· Experience with industry unions and guilds
· Excellent organizational skills, attention to detail and ability to prioritize
· Highly reliable, with the ability to self-manage, problem solve and exercise excellent judgement
· Ability to excel in a high-pressure, deadline oriented environment
· Excellent professional verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills
· Bilingual English/French is an asset
To apply please send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We thank everyone for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
|Category:||Film / Video|
Reel One Entertainment
486 Ste-Catherine Ouest
Montreal, QC, CA
|Tags:||Business Affairs, Film, Television, film industry, television industry, cinema,|
|Posted:||Nov 10, 2017|
|Apply Now (This company has requested a direct email with resume attached)|