Sony Music Entertainment Canada Inc.
North York, ON
Director Creative (Marketing Music Industry)
Sony Music Entertainment Canada Inc. (“Sony Music”) has an immediate opening for a Director, Creative reporting to the Vice President, Marketing.
As our Creative Director, you’ll be responsible for developing the creative vision - the look, the feel, and the tone of our domestic artists’ brands. You have ability to translate the artist’s point of view into a vision that is well articulated to the company, and fans.
This role requires the flexibility and focus to handle development of creative materials for multiple artists/projects simultaneously, at varying stages of the creative process. You will manage, inspire and mentor a team of designers, video content producers and programmers.
You’ll drive the collaborative creative efforts of multiple teams including internal departments (Marketing, A&R), managers and artists.
Domestic Artist Projects:
- Develop and deliver leadership and creative solutions that strengthen our artists’ market differentiation
- Direct all phases of the overall creative plan for each project, from concept through production – branding; content development including, video, web/social channels; all forms of advertising and promotional materials, etc. - ensuring that all visuals are speaking with one aesthetic voice
- Pitch/sell the vision/ideas to artists and managers as well as internal teams
- Maintain and cultivate external relationships within the creative and tech communities
- Monitor and communicate trends from other external sources:
- through relationships within the creative community
- co-creation of content with fans/influencers
- partnering with other creative industries
- Hire and manage relationships with 3rd party suppliers
- Negotiate fees, usage rights and execute legal agreements in tandem with Business Affairs
- Oversee/attend photo and video shoots
Marketing Services Team Leadership :
- As the Department lead, you will oversee, advise and support the team as they continue to deliver services and products to multiple internal teams
- As required, contribute creative support to one-off/special projects
- Minimum of 7-10 years of experience within the music industry involving direct relationships with artists, artist marketing, social/digital media developing the creative vision for artists and bands
- Extensive creative contacts – you know who to call!
- Demonstrated ability to translate strategic vision and marketing objectives into tangible project deliverables
- Design and production experience (i.e. hands on, on-set, post production…)
- Able to work within a wide variety of budgets
- Ability to pitch and sell-through your ideas/concepts in order to get buy-in
- Collaborative approach to working with others
- Flexibility – you have a clear creative vision but you’re open to collaboration
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and directing ability skills – you can present compelling ideas externally/internally, explain your creative concept and execute that into reality
- Strong understanding of the digital landscape and associated content (new digital trend/technologies, streaming services, social media platforms, influencer marketing…)
- Strong understanding of digital and graphic design, motion graphics, and video production
- Proven ability to balance multiple projects with different, and sometimes aggressive timelines, deliverables and expectations
- In depth understanding of current and future technology with the ability to analyze trends, look at new data and be perpetually current with the times
- Strong decision-maker – you’ll make decisions and approve final outputs
- You should have a marketing or business university degree.
Let us know why you would be the perfect candidate for this position – submit your resume and cover letter including salary expectations. Only those chosen for interview will be contacted. Thank you for your interest.
Position includes, Group Insurance (Health, Dental, Life, AD&D, Short-Term and Long-Term Disability), Retirement Savings Plan and Car Allowance.
Job Type: Full-time
- Marketing: 7 years
- Music Industry: 7 years
|Category:||Advertising / Marketing|
Sony Music Entertainment Canada Inc.
North York, ON, CA
|Posted:||Nov 15, 2017|
(This company has provided an external site for you to apply)