Cineplex Entertainment LP
Location: Cineplex Entertainment Home Office
City: Toronto, Ontario
Cineplex is one of Canada's leading entertainment companies and operates numerous businesses including theatrical exhibition, food service, amusement gaming (Player One Amusement Group), alternative programming (Cineplex Events), traditional and digital media (Cineplex Media and Cineplex Digital Media), out of home leisure and entertainment (The Rec Room), eSports (World Gaming), and home entertainment content (CineplexStore.com). Cineplex is also a joint venture partner in SCENE - Canada's largest entertainment loyalty program.
We are proudly a Canadian company with approximately 13,000 employees in Canada and the US, and we offer competitive compensation, incentive and benefits programs. To learn more about Cineplex please visit our website at www.cineplex.com.
The Digital Commerce department has an immediate opening for the position of Director, Product , reporting to the Vice President, Product, Digital Commerce.
The Cineplex Store is a premium Canadian online destination for the sale and rental of movies, ranging from the latest releases to timeless classics. Our goal is to provide our guests an unparalleled experience for the discovery, purchase, and viewing of their favourite films, whether from their computer, mobile, or connected living room devices. If you are interested in an unlimited supply of popcorn, working with leading technologies, supporting the latest devices, and helping to define and deliver the future of digital movie viewing, this is the place for you! Visit us at CineplexStore.com.
The Director, Product will work in a dynamic, fast-paced environment to define and create industry changing products. We are looking for a high energy, results-driven individual, excited to have ownership and accountability for critical high value products that enhance the daily lives of Cineplex guests that love watching movies at home and on the go.
The Director, Product is dedicated to making it easier and faster to ship quality cross-platform experiences to Cineplex guests by prioritizing development, removing obstacles, establishing release processes and gating, and working with an amazing team of talented, passionate product managers and leaders across the company.
The Director, Product will oversee a portfolio of direct-to-consumer video products, including product vision and strategy, roadmaps, and full product lifecycle. They will have significant strategic impact and influence the direction of the business, as well as direct responsibility for the platforms across web, mobile and television.
Product Vision & Strategy
- Align the product vision and strategies to make it easier for people to find and enjoy watching movies that match their unique tastes anytime, anywhere
- Drive the long-term platform strategy across living room, mobile and web, spearheading key initiatives and driving cross-functional alignment in collaboration with executive leadership and other functional departments
- Work closely with our diverse internal stakeholders across Content Sales, Product, Engineering, Loyalty, IT, and Guest Services to deeply understand and address platform needs
- Be a champion and voice of the customer, especially in areas where platform decisions can have material user impact
- Act as product evangelist both internally and externally
- Manage the full product lifecycle from concept to sunset, oversee existing product lines, increase profitability and set profit and loss goals for each product
- Aggressively identify opportunities for improvement and, working with a team of product managers, incorporate new product features on an on-going basis, define market opportunities, establish business cases, and develop product requirements
- Guide prioritization of key products and features based on deep understanding of market, competitive analysis, and behavioral and performance data
- Work closely with product design, usability and product development on the successful execution of product roadmaps
- Manage 3rd party product development and digital supply chain vendors
- Develop a strong understanding of the customer and competition to drive product decision and set priorities, including ongoing competitive analysis and market knowledge
- Improve product performance, relying on key performance metrics to measure effectiveness and drive iteration
- Analyze data, improve automation and data collection as needed, share insights and provide directional decisions based on the data
- Increase the release cadence and product quality, ensuring frequent product releases consistently maximize the value to our customers
- Remove obstacles to ensure product development is moving smoothly
- Collaborate with Marketing while owning the go-to-market process for product releases
- Build, lead, and coach a talented team of product managers who take pride in building exceptional products
- Champion the Agile process, acting as an agile coach as needed to motivate and train team members on process, management, and requirements
Qualifications and Experience
- 8+ Years of experience in Product Management, ideally in consumer-facing e-commerce, software/site, video, or similar industries
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Computer Science, or related discipline
- An aptitude and interest in both business strategy and product considerations, including business cases, competitive analysis, market opportunities, product vision, product strategy, and product requirements
- An understanding of the latest technologies in entertainment and content distribution, including DRM, bandwidth optimization, video playback, content personalization, and content recommendation.
- Launched, managed, and grew multiple successful consumer-facing product lines, preferably on multiple platforms
- Demonstrated technical proficiency and leadership within agile/lean product development environment
- Outstanding communication, influence and cross-functional collaboration skills; able to craft clarity and drive focus in complex and dynamic contexts
- Ability to conceptualize features and functionality from idea stage to implementation, and communicate complex information to different target audiences
- Industry leading skills in project governance, technical delivery, reporting and stakeholder management
- Proven ability to manage vendors/3rd parties in support of overall product delivery and optimization
- Track record of growing and leading a team to deliver world class products to tight deadlines in a highly collaborative environment
- Demonstrated analytical and problem solving skills
- Exceptional judgement and superior decision-making skills. Demonstrated ability to make decisions within a fast-paced environment, communicate rationale, and take action
- Ability to think strategically and find creative solutions to problems, and short term and long term planning skills
- Able to streamline and standardize product processes within 3 months of starting
- Flexibility when working with different sets of processes and people who are building very different products, e.g. websites, television applications, APIs, etc
- Passionate about movies!
Interested applicants please apply today.
While we appreciate all interest, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. As part of Cineplex Entertainment's standard recruitment process, suitable candidate(s) will be required to undergo pre-employment screening as a condition of employment or promotion.
No Agency Calls Please
Cineplex Entertainment LP
Toronto, ON, CA
|Posted:||Nov 15, 2017|
(This company has provided an external site for you to apply)