Aboriginal Peoples Television Network
Work From Home / Remote (All Provinces)
Video Journalist (Home based bureau)
Are you curious to explore B.C.’s spectacular North while you search for exciting stories? Is being creative with your work something that is important to you? Do you value your independence, enjoy meeting new people and are you always looking for “the shot”? If this sounds like you, then you are ready to join our award winning news team!
Your opportunity to:
- Become part of the News team at one of Canada’s Top 100 Employers!
- Allow your creativity and professionalism shine by showcasing original story ideas that will be viewed on multiple platforms
- Pitch original story ideas for APTN National News and Current Affairs
Cover daily news events, shoot, write and edit your own stories
As our Video Journalist, you will:
- Receive APTN’s comprehensive total rewards package which includes: top notch employer paid benefits, pension plan, housing & northern allowances, a generous educational & training assistance, and more
- Provide coverage of the issues facing Aboriginal communities locally, nationally and worldwide
- Excel at working independently and thrive under pressure to meet daily deadlines
- Use HD technology and remote transmission equipment to feed quality stories to the desk in Winnipeg
- Work closely with technical staff and reporters on story production and preparation
- A diploma or certificate in a related discipline and proven relatable experience
- Hands on experience with news line-up script software, broadcast HD cameras and AVID editing
- A sensitivity and understanding of culture and issues relevant to Aboriginal communities
- Strong computer skills and knowledge of broadcast technology
- A valid driver’s license and clear driver’s abstract since you’ll be travelling to obtain your exciting stories
Your new opportunity awaits, come and see what makes us one of Canada’s top employers!
Please apply before Friday, December 15, 2017.
As an Indigenous employer we encourage First Nations, Inuit and Métis applicants to apply.
|Location:||Work From Home / Remote (All Provinces)|
|Posted:||Nov 20, 2017|
(This company has provided an external site for you to apply)