Videojournalist (English Services) - GAN00020
Videojournalist (English Services) - GAN00020
Job Family : Programming (TV-Radio-Web)
Primary Location: Gander
Status of Employment:
What it’s like working at CBC/Radio-Canada
At CBC/Radio-Canada, we create content that informs, entertains and connects Canadians on multiple platforms. Do you think you have the ability and drive to keep up with this exciting, ever-changing industry? Whether it be in front of the camera, on air, online or behind the scenes, you would be joining a team that thrives on making connections and telling stories that are important to Canadians.
Based in Gander, CBC Newfoundland and Labrador is seeking a skilled, multi-platform storyteller with exceptional shooting and editing skills to tell the stories of Newfoundland and Labrador. The successful candidate will also be a creative thinker who brings original ideas and treatments to their stories and will have demonstrated skills in digital journalism.
Under the general direction of the Executive Producer or delegate, you will operate independently, or as part of a program unit to research, gather, package and present media for CBC’s platforms including online, TV, and radio. Work must adhere to CBC journalistic and/or program policies, standards and practices but there is latitude for initiative, independent judgment and creativity. You will be required to work a variety of shifts, which may include weekends and evenings, often independently and without supervision.
- Develops and maintains contacts with a variety of sources to ensure current knowledge of issues and events in the coverage area which are relevant to the objectives of the program;
- Gathers information from various sources;
- Analyses facts and information gathered and draws conclusions or raises issues requiring further investigation;
- Arranges and conducts interviews;
- Decides which elements should be included in an item, their order, length and sequence, as well as the method of transition from one element to another;
- Develops shot list and sequences that contribute to the focus and mood of the story;
- Prepares, aligns, sets up and operates an ENG/EFP unit and ancillary equipment, ensuring optimal audio, video and technical quality;
- Lights the subject or scene and composes program visual material using a hand-held camera. Ensures that the material produced meets the technical and aesthetic requirements for editing;
- Edits recorded items on appropriate/available editing systems;
- Prepares and writes scripts, continuity and headlines;
- Reports the story, either on camera or in voice-over form;
- Writing and editing for digital platforms
- Packaging video and audio for digital platforms;
- Drives a motor vehicle in the performance of the job.
We are looking for a candidate with the following:
- Graduation from University or Community College in a relevant course of study or equivalent industry experience;
- Comfortable and dynamic on-air presence;
- Excellent interviewing and storytelling skills;
- Ability to write clearly and concisely;
- Ability to generate original story ideas and creative treatments;
- Ability to work flexible hours;
- Ability to work in a high-pressure, tight deadline multi-platform environment, often in unexpected overtime situations;
- Valid driver's license;
- Relevant experience in shooting and editing;
- Highly creative imaginative, problem solver and motivated self-starter;
- A natural interest and curiosity in current and emerging technologies and how they can support mobile/digital journalism;
- Excellent interpersonal skills;
- Demonstrated ability to work as part of a team.
Please include a link to your website, blog or video in your cover letter.
Candidates may be subject to skills and knowledge testing.
CBC/Radio-Canada is committed to being a leader in reflecting our country’s diversity. That’s because we can only create and tell the stories that connect Canadians, by having a workforce that mirrors the ever-changing makeup of our country. That’s why we, as an employer, value equal opportunity and nurture an inclusive workplace where our individual differences are not only recognized and valued, but also extend to and pervade all the services we provide as Canada’s public broadcaster. For more information, visit the Talent and Diversity section of our website. If you have accommodation needs at this stage of the recruitment process, please inform us as soon as possible by sending an e-mail to email@example.com
If this sounds interesting, please apply online! We thank all applicants for their interest, but only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Please apply online at: https://rita.illicohodes.com/go/5a1716cb6ff05d5b116cb3ef/51fc022158b70066fae49ff7/en
Gander, NL, CA
|Posted:||Nov 23, 2017|
(This company has provided an external site for you to apply)