Video Producer (English Services) - EDM00564
Video Producer (English Services) - EDM00564
Job Family Programming (TV-Radio-Web)
Primary Location Edmonton
Status of Employment Permanent, Full-time
What it’s like working at CBC/Radio-Canada
At CBC/Radio-Canada, we create content that informs, entertains and connects Canadians on multiple platforms. Our successes and accomplishments are driven by embodying and upholding values, which include creativity, integrity, inclusiveness and relevance.
Do you think you have the ability and drive to keep up with this exciting, ever-changing industry? Whether it be in front of the camera, on air, online or behind the scenes, you would be joining a team that thrives on making connections and telling stories that are important to Canadians.
CBC/Radio-Canada Edmonton is seeking a skilled visual storyteller. The successful candidate will also be a creative thinker who brings original ideas and treatments to all platforms and has demonstrated skills in producing, shooting and editing news. Under the general direction of the Executive Producer of News, you will operate independently, or as part of the team to research, gather, package and distribute or deliver media for CBC’s platforms including digital, radio and television. You will be required to work a variety of shifts, often independently and without supervision. This position requires you to work on rotation, or as needed, with the network team.
Conceives, researches, develops and produces and delivers story items, and performs the associated camera and editing functions. Work must adhere to CBC journalistic and/or program policies, standards and practices but there is latitude for initiative, independent judgment and creativity. Occasionally, there may be a requirement to coordinate the work of others, and assist and support others to deliver content for the digital platform.
- Conceives, pitches, develops, shoots and edits story ideas and concepts. Participates in the preparation of program objectives.
- Develops the visual story content including the researching, writing, shooting and/or editing of written and visual material. Determines the visual style, pace, tempo and format of the story item relative to each platform it will be published on including Text on Videos ( TOV’s,) soundscapes, photo galleries and other visual items.
- Performs location surveys and identifies special requirements such as audio, lighting, camera angles, including production limitations.
- Prepares, aligns, sets up and operates DSLR/EFP/ENG camera units and ancillary equipment, ensuring optimal visual, audio and technical quality under prevailing conditions for multiple platforms and deadlines.
- Performs visual research with the use of archives and databases and collects and maintains images for digital and all platforms within Polopoly.
- Writes and creates photo essays in Polopoly.
- Provides technical guidance, expertise and support within the unit, focused on visual production techniques and digital workflows.
- Stays informed on latest changes to digital visual trends, practices, platforms and delivery, to continually improve CBC’s best practices.
We are looking for a candidate with the following:
- Graduation from University or Community College in a relevant course of study or equivalent industry experience.
- Minimum 5 years directly related experience in a professional broadcast facility.
- Minimum 3 years experience using Avid video and photo editing systems.
- Minimum 3 years experience shooting video and stills for news.
- Experience with digital tools such as Polopoly, MPX and social media platforms like Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Snapchat.
- Requires a superior level of technical knowledge and understanding of visual production and post-production methods with a focus on the digital platform.
- Must have a strong sense of creativity, initiative and a high degree of responsibility for the accuracy and quality of work throughout the complete production cycle.
- Strong communication, interpersonal and client service skills are required.
- Ability to work in a deadline-driven environment while maintaining a professional attitude.
- Must demonstrate leadership skills and ability to pursue the acquisition of story elements with a minimum of supervision.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and in a team environment.
- Ability and willingness to work overtime and various shifts patterns, including overnights and weekends, as required.
Please include a link to your online demo or website, blog or video.
Candidates may be subject to skills and knowledge testing.
CBC/Radio-Canada is committed to being a leader in reflecting our country’s diversity. That’s because we can only create and tell the stories that connect Canadians, by having a workforce that mirrors the ever-changing makeup of our country. That’s why we, as an employer, value equal opportunity and nurture an inclusive workplace where our individual differences are not only recognized and valued, but also extend to and pervade all the services we provide as Canada’s public broadcaster. For more information, visit the Talent and Diversity section of our website. If you have accommodation needs at this stage of the recruitment process, please inform us as soon as possible by sending an e-mail to email@example.com
If this sounds interesting, please apply online! We thank all applicants for their interest, but only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Please apply online at: https://rita.illicohodes.com/go/5a1706d76ff05d5b116cb1ef/51fc022158b70066fae49ff7/en
Edmonton, AB, CA
|Posted:||Nov 23, 2017|
(This company has provided an external site for you to apply)