Manager News Technology
?Manager, News Technology – Burnaby
Division: News Technology
Work Status: Full Time
Location: 7850 Enterprise Street, Burnaby, British Columbia
About the Role
Global Television has an exciting opportunity for a Full Time Manager, News Technology in our Burnaby British Columbia location. Reporting to the Director, News Technology, the successful candidate will be responsible for leading a team of News Technology Technologists on a daily basis. Coupled with this responsibility, you will provide on-going Tier 1 support and maintain the health of on-air and production equipment. This position is ideally suited to an individual who can lead a diverse team of technicians and has an understanding of news production workflows.
- Provide direction and leadership to the News Technology teams in Burnaby and Kelowna British Columbia
- Work closely with the Director, News Technology, News Operations teams, Architecture teams, IT teams, Creative teams and station business leaders to ensure business objectives and initiatives are met
- Provide support and structure to ensure effective technical support is provided in a timely manner
- Provide support for the design and implementation of systems relating to news gathering, news production, commercial production, technology infrastructure, building infrastructure and OTA transmission systems
- Manage resources to ensure onsite technical support is available during all hours of News Production
- Manage resources to provide technical support to transmitters located in the British Columbia
- Manage Capital and Operating Budgets
- Manage and maintain business, technical and operational best practices and standards
- Work with IT teams on network, hardware and software solutions
- Manage direct report timesheet and vacation schedules
- Work directly with equipment manufacturers and suppliers
- Provide support to building facilities maintenance
What We Need From You:
- Recognized certificate in Broadcast Technology, Electronics, Computer Science, Telecommunications or equivalent
- 10 – 15 years of Broadcast Engineering experience
- Well versed in Grass Valley Stratus and Edius, Control Room Automation, Ross Graphics, and other systems related to Live Broadcast News Production
- Deep understanding of Production, Control Room and Post Production equipment and environments
- Strong knowledge of computers and networking as related to Broadcast systems
- Experience working on equipment associated with OTA Transmitters, Live News Trucks, Microwave and Satellite communications.
- Knowledge of current video streaming and IP technologies
If You Have the Following….We Want to Hear From You!
- Proficiency to communicate in a clear and concise manner
- Proven leader who establishes and maintains a collaborative work environment
- A recognized mentor who motivates team members to achieve results
- Experience leading large diverse teams
How to Apply
Please email your resume and cover letter to email@example.com by December 26, 2017.
Corus is committed to providing a fair and equitable work environment and encourages applications from qualified women, men, visible minorities, aboriginal peoples and persons with disabilities. Corus is also committed to providing accommodations throughout the interview and employment process. If you require an accommodation we will work with you to meet your needs.
Internal candidates must meet eligibility requirements before they can apply for an internal position at Corus, which includes being in their current role for at least 12 months. They must also indicate they are internal in the subject line. Please refer to the Recruitment Policy for more information.
*No phone calls please. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.?
7850 Enterprise Street
Burnaby, BC, CA
|Posted:||Dec 05, 2017|