Daily Hive is looking for a ultra-talented graphic designer to help us take our digital media and branding to the next level. Reporting directly to the CEO, this is a full-time, permanent role based in downtown Vancouver.
Who we are
Daily Hive is the premier Canadian digital media publication for millennials. We are laser focused in delivering quality hyperlocal content to serve more than 2.5 millions visitors per month. With over 40 full-time employees and over 50 part-time staff and contributors, we’re going full speed ahead in 2018.
Why you want to work for us
We’re a fun and upbeat group of hard working individuals who are dedicated to becoming the leader in creating hyperlocal content. You’ll have the unique opportunity of working with our in-house, creative agency to create both internal and client content.
Our office is located in the heart of Yaletown and includes a video game room, an open bar and there’s always at least one furry four-legged friend to play catch with! You’ll also be able to enjoy occasional catered team lunches, Social Thursdays and the opportunity to attend various team outings and events around the city. At a digital media publication, you never know what’s going to be sent to the office!
What you’ll be doing
- Assisting in designing identities for upcoming verticals
- Working collaboratively within our digital team on a variety of projects
- Assisting in creative direction for internal and external projects
- Enforcing brand consistency through multiple digital platforms
- Creating UI for a range of digital products
- Creating engaging designs that focus on conversions
- Conceptualizing interface animations that enhance UX
Who you are
- You’re passionate about designing, have a creative flair and an eye for the aesthetic
- You’re a go-getter and a collaborator who can take ideas from your teammates and turn them into reality
- You love to push the boundaries and incorporate the latest trends into your designs
- You have previous experience working as a graphic designer
- You’re extremely comfortable and know the ins and outs of Adobe Creative Suite
- You have experience (portfolio) ranging from bringing creative concepts to life visually to producing production-ready files for a variety of materials
- You’re an independent and driven self-starter who will go the extra mile to get the job done
- You’re well-versed in website and interface design
- You have demonstrated understanding of branding, layout, colour theory and typography in digital media
- You thrive working in a fast-paced environment and are an adaptor to change
The benefits of working with us
- Medical/dental/vision benefits starting after three months
- Opportunity: The opportunity here is endless! You’ll have a strong potential for long-term career growth and development with a fast-growing company
- Collaborative environment and the opportunity to be part of a hard-working team that feels more like family than co-workers
- Conveniently located office in downtown Vancouver near transit hubs
Are you ready to dive in and become part of a fast-paced, growing media company? Email your resume, salary expectations, and links to your portfolio or published work and social media channels, subject line “Graphic Designer.”
In your email, also include your top 3 creative pieces (both branding and web). Provide a brief overview of the project and what role you played.
Daily Hive is an organization that values creativity, innovative thinking, and diversity. We offer a great opportunity to work alongside passionate and intelligent individuals, and are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Job Type: Full-time
- Vancouver, BC
- relevant: 1 year
|Category:||Graphics / Web|
Vancouver, BC, CA
|Posted:||Jan 02, 2018|
(This company has provided an external site for you to apply)