Canadian Geographic, an award-winning national magazine based in Ottawa, is seeking a production designer for design, production and coordination of content for print and digital media.
- Production and preparation of all magazine and supplement pages. (Finalizing layout, PDF prep, preflight and send out, includes editorial and advertising pages)
- Coordinate magazine workflow internally and with printers
- Build magazine and special interest publications line-up flatplan
- Printing quotes as required
- Assessment and colour correction of all digital images. (Under supervision of creative director and design team)
- High resolution Photoshop editing (close crop, cloning, drop shadows, fades, etc.)
- Assembly and organization of text, graphic and template files into working folders
- Monitoring production of and tracking down materials for in-book contra and house ads, etc.
- Arranging all components of each issue
- Implementing refinements to the production process, in consultation with the creative director, managing editor and editorial team
- Keep team advised of status and changes on all projects
- Layout and refinement of editorial pages and promotional projects
- Other design/production duties as required
- Organization and maintenance of file archives and file retrieval.
Application deadline: January 5, 2018
- Bachelor’s degree in design
- Three to five years experience in editorial design, production and pre-press environment (web design an asset)
- Strong layout skills and technical expertise in design of single-page and long document projects
- Strong knowledge of typography
- Proficiency with Adobe Creative Suite (specifically InDesign and Photoshop), Microsoft Office including Powerpoint, and other design/production software
- Expertise with PDF workflow
- Experience with print quoting and press approvals
- Strong communications and organizational skills
- Web and multimedia design skills an asset
- Bilingualism an asset
- Ability to handle multiple projects in a fast-paced environment.
Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Outstanding organizational and file-organization skills
* Please include portfolio with resume.
Job Type: Contract
- editorial design, production and pre-press: 3 years
|Category:||Graphics / Web|
Ottawa, ON, CA
|Posted:||Jan 02, 2018|
(This company has provided an external site for you to apply)