VICE Studio Canada
Strategistat VICE Canada
VICE is the world’s preeminent youth media company and content creation studio. Launched in 1994, VICE now operates in over 30 countries and distributes its programming to hundreds of millions of viewers each month across digital, linear, mobile, film and socials. VICE includes an international network of digital channels; a television and feature film production studio; a magazine; a record label; an in-house creative services agency; a book-publishing division; and a newly launched TV network in a joint venture with Rogers called VICELAND.
VICE's award-winning programming has been recognized by the Academy of Television Arts & Sciences, Peabody Awards, Sundance Film Festival, PEN Center, Cannes Lions, Frontline Club, Knight Foundation, American Society of Magazine Editors, LA Press Club, and Webby Awards, among others.
JOB TITLE: Strategist
REPORTS TO: Director of Strategy & Creative, VICE Media Canada
OVERVIEW: VICE Media is seeking a Strategist responsible for developing creative, brand, and digital strategies for a variety of clients. This is a hybrid strategic role that expects the candidate to be strong as both a digital and brand planner. This candidate will be expected to operate independently and lead accounts and RFP’s strategically. The Strategist excels at helping to develop communications programs that will resonate with consumers, and help a client meet their specific objectives. The ideal Strategist has a strong understanding of the digital space, content marketing and brand strategy. This candidate should also be adept at understanding VICE’s unique approach to building brands in the modern media landscape. In addition, the ideal candidate has a strong capacity as a storyteller – both verbally and visually.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide key audience insight to guide creative development.
- Work with clients and partners to help identify their business and communications needs.
- Distilling audience insight and information from clients into accurate, concise and inspirational creative briefs.
- Develop creative ideas and concepts provided by our creative team into comprehensive integrated marketing campaigns.
- Responsible for developing presentation materials required to bring to life strategies and tactics related to campaigns and projects.
- Responsible for presenting and justifying strategic thinking to internal stakeholders and external clients.
- Generate insight and trend reports as required to feed campaign or project development.
- Must work closely with creative teams, editorial teams, account teams, integrated production teams and Director of Strategy to collaborate on a wide gamut of projects.
- Act as an on-going strategic resource for VICE media, Clients and Partner Agencies/Vendors.
- MUST HAVE 4-5 years in brand or digital strategy background at an advertising agency.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a relevant field.
- Strong interest in marketing strategy.
- Adept at extracting meaningful insights from multiple sources of data.
- Strong interpersonal and client relationship skill.
- Proactive work ethic and the ability to think analytically and conceptually.
- Organized, accurate, attention to detail.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Disciplined and detail-oriented and creative problem-solving skills and a relentless work ethic.
***This job description is a general description of essential job functions. It is not intended as an employment contract, nor is it intended to describe all duties someone in this position may perform. All employees of Vice Media are expected to perform tasks assigned by supervisory personnel, regardless of job title or routine job duties***
If you do not hear back from us within one month of applying then unfortunately your application has been unsuccessful. Thank you once again for applying and we wish you success in your future career.
VICE Studio Canada
78 Mowat Ave
Toronto, ON, CA
|Posted:||Jan 09, 2018|
|Closing:||Feb 28, 2018|
(This company has provided an external site for you to apply)