Localization Coordinator (1 Year Contract)
Are you looking for a challenging position that will utilize your strong attention to detail and analytical skills?
Do you enjoy working and coordinating with a variety of people and departments?
Would you like the opportunity to work with exciting brands in the kids’ entertainment industry?
If you’re passionate, driven, and find yourself seeking a new opportunity, then we want you to join our team.
Who are we?
DHX Media Ltd. (TSX: DHX.A, DHX.B; NASDAQ: DHXM) is a leading children’s content and brands company, recognized globally for such high-profile properties as Peanuts, Teletubbies, Strawberry Shortcake, Caillou, Inspector Gadget, and the acclaimed Degrassi franchise. One of the world’s foremost producers of children’s shows, DHX Media owns the world’s largest independent library of children’s content, at 13,000 half-hours. It licenses its content to broadcasters and streaming services worldwide and generates royalties through its global consumer products program. Through its subsidiary, WildBrain, DHX Media operates one of the largest networks of children’s channels on YouTube. Headquartered in Canada, DHX Media has 20 offices worldwide.
We are looking for a Localization Coordinator to join our team!
This role will be reporting to the Localization Supervisor and will be responsible for overseeing day-to-day dubbing and foreign language access projects with all external vendors and licensees, as well as coordinating with DHX departments, including legal, finance and rights management, to ensure smooth delivery and receipt of dubbed materials.
- Track foreign language dubbing information and communicate updates with internal teams
- Undertake extensive contract review and legal research with DHX Rights Management, to determine availability of foreign language materials to be accessed on behalf of Client Services
- Track access and dubbing agreements with DHX legal, to ensure timely signature with licensees
- Liaise directly with licensees and vendors to track timelines, access fees and ensure dubbing guidelines are followed
- Collaborate with marketing departments as well as licensees to ensure all dubbing approvals and requests are addressed in a timely fashion
- Process client services screener requests in conjunction with Digital Services
- Work with licensees, Client Services and Digital Services to address dubbing related rejections (video, audio, graphics) and re-access requests, with minimal supervision
- Collect and submit purchase orders and invoices for all dubbing and access projects to Localization Supervisor
- Collect and organize versioned metadata, artwork and closed captioning
- Other duties as required
- Minimum of 1-2 years’ equivalent experience
- Post-secondary education in a media-related subject
- Basic to intermediate knowledge of Excel to enter data and use built in formulas
- Highly organized with an extreme attention to detail
- Exceptional research, analytical, and problem-solving skills
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work under pressure and meet strict deadlines, with minimal supervision
- A/V technical knowledge, including familiarity with video formats and frame rates strongly preferred
- Experience with legal research, and knowledge of TV license agreements an asset
- Experience with project management platform (i.e. Wrike) and editing software (i.e. Photoshop and/or Affect Effects) ideal
- Knowledge of file transfer software or collaboration platforms (i.e. Aspera Faspex) preferred
- Bilingual or multilingual an asset
You’re sold, right? Now, it’s your turn to sell us!
THANK YOU for all of those who express interest in being part of the DHX Team! Unfortunately, due to the volume of applications we receive, we may be unable to reply to all applicants. If we feel that you may be a good match for one of our current openings you will be contacted.
DHX will accommodate people with disabilities throughout the recruitment and selection process. Applicants are encouraged to make their needs known in advance if accommodation is required.
|Category:||Purchase / Logistics|
207 Queens Quay West
Toronto, ON, CA
|Tags:||dubbing, access, translation, subtitle, versioning, closed caption|
|Posted:||Jan 17, 2018|
(This company has provided an external site for you to apply)