William F. White International Inc.
Education & Training Coordinator - Internal
William F. White International Inc. (“Whites”) is a Comweb Group member company. Founded in 1963, Whites is Canada's oldest and largest provider of professional motion picture, television, digital media and theatrical production equipment. The company services productions of all sizes from coast to coast and has the most extensive inventory of equipment in the industry, including the very latest in technological advances.
We currently have an opening for the position of Education & Training Coordinator (Internal) located in the Vancouver Office. This is a full-time permanent position.
Reporting to the National Manager, Education & Training and the Manager, Warehouse Operations - Whites Vancouver, the Education and Training Coordinator (Internal) has a primary responsibility to one stream of focus, as outlined in the Education & Training Department mandate: internal staff training. This individual also holds a secondary responsibility by providing a support role to the other two streams of focus, as set out in the mandate: industry professionals and post-secondary/emerging filmmakers.
Responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Front-line training and teaching of internal staff training programs, job specific and health and safety (based on the Coordinator’s expertise and knowledge). Training of staff will be a shared responsibility with Department Managers and/or Supervisors, as required. Some examples include the Lighting & Grip Training Program, Employee Mentor Program, etc.
- It is the expectation of management that the Education & Training Coordinator build their equipment knowledge base so that they may teach 75% - 90% of the Lighting & Grip Training Curriculum (job specific program) and the company’s operational procedures. A period of professional development will be facilitated by management to aid in building the Coordinator’s equipment and operational knowledge base.
- Coordinate and/or facilitate any internal staff training initiatives (workshops, seminars, events, Staff Learning Sessions, Safety Job Box, modules, first aid, working at heights, etc.) for which the Coordinator cannot directly teach.
- Writing of learning curriculums and/or lesson plans for internal staff training.
- Primary forklift trainer, both theory and practical, for WFW staff.
- Participate in and assist with workplace health and safety matters, including but may not be limited to: conduct workplace orientations and WHMIS training for new and transferred employees, provide assistance with research on provincial health and safety legislation.
- Participate as a worker representative on the Joint Health & Safety Committee and represent the interests of the Education & Training Department.
- Provide a support role to the National Manager, Education & Training with respect to coordination and facilitation of internal staff training initiatives.
- Conduct facility tours for post-secondary students and emerging filmmakers, as required.
- Regional liaison for the National Grants Program but, does not have a CSR function nor role.
- Maintain training records and the National Training Matrix, ensuring completeness and accuracy.
- Some physical labour required: equipment set-ups related to workshops, seminars, events, etc.
- Occasional weekend work required i.e., Third Party Training Initiatives, Staff Training Sessions (when required), etc.
- Other departmental and administrative duties as required.
- 2-3 years professional coordinator experience in any of the following: workshops / classes / on-set production / events, etc.
- 2-3 years teaching experience in any of the following areas: adult learning, public or secondary school system, corporate level, etc.
- Production experience and a familiarity with film/television production equipment and/or cameras would be considered an asset
- Strong public speaking skills
- Competence and understanding of social media websites and apps
- Works well in a team-based environment
- Excellent research skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- Excellent listening skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong critical thinking skills
- Detail oriented
- Must be able and willing to perform physical labour, includes lifting up to 40 pounds
Should you or anyone you know have the qualifications and are interested in this position, please forward your resume to email@example.com for consideration. All applications will be considered, however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
|Category:||Film / Video|
William F. White International Inc.
8363 Lougheed Highway
Burnaby, BC, CA
|Posted:||Jan 26, 2018|
|Closing:||Mar 23, 2018|