Editor Lexpert Magazine
Department: Thomson Reuters Media Solutions
Location: 2075 Kennedy Road – Scarborough
Editor, Lexpert Magazine
To supervise all aspects of editorial content workflow for Lexpert. The Editor is responsible for ensuring that Lexpert magazine, website, e-products, social media accounts, special editions and content elements of award shows are successfully and effectively published.
This position is responsible for:
- preparing content (print, web, social media, e-products and video) and leading on Quality Assurance (QA), for award shows. This includes procuring and processing content from law firms, financial institutions, b2b suppliers, corporations and others;
- supervising other editorial staff, and managing day to day editorial operations of Lexpert magazine, the DealsWire, Lexpert social media, Lexpert special editions and digital editions, including providing editorial work assignments, scheduling/coordinating freelance writing submissions, ensuring completion of the research/fact checking process and reviewing copy editing work;
- monitoring editorial workflow and status to ensure they meet production, print and digital deadlines, posting web content and monitoring social media channels;
- editing feature articles, and performing and coordinating editing of editorial columns and other content and providing feedback to the Editor-in-Chief;
- working collaboratively with Editor-in-Chief, Production, Sales and Marketing to successfully publish all publications and award shows; and coordinate initiatives that drive readership, circulation and advertising – including custom and sponsored content; and
- staying aware of market trends including scanning newspapers and relevant legal news channels that relate to the Canadian legal profession and the business of law.
You will be a strong team player and will possess:
- a JD degree and/or experience in law or legal journalism;
- at least 5 years of direct experience in editorial and production and management of an editorial team, including experience in liaising with art production and design;
- excellent organizational and time management skills;
- solid editing, writing and research skills for both print and web;
- excellent client relationship, project management and negotiation skills;
- strong people management skills;
- advanced problem solving and multitasking skills; and
- up-to-date and excellent computer, web and social media skills.
French language skills (written and spoken) will be considered an asset.
Thomson Reuters offers an environment that is both challenging and supportive, and we are proud to have been named one of Canada’s Top 100 Employers from 2009 – 2018, a Best Workplace from 2006 – 2017, and a Great Place to Work for Women in 2015 and 2017. We consider work from home arrangements for people with a disability or specific accessibility needs. If requested, accommodation will be provided throughout the recruitment and assessment process.
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one - collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With more than 45,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Making this happen is a dynamic, evolving process, and we count on each employee to be a catalyst in driving our performance - and their own.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
Toronto, ON, CA
|Posted:||Feb 20, 2018|
(This company has provided an external site for you to apply)