Host Radio Active (English Services) - EDM00569
Host, Radio Active (English Services) - EDM00569
Job Family: Programming (TV-Radio-Web)
Primary Location: Edmonton
Status of Employment: Contract, Full-time
What it’s like working at CBC/Radio-Canada
At CBC/Radio-Canada, we create content that informs, entertains and connects Canadians on multiple platforms. Our successes and accomplishments are driven by embodying and upholding values, which include creativity, integrity, inclusiveness and relevance.
Do you think you have the ability and drive to keep up with this exciting, ever-changing industry? Whether it be in front of the camera, on air, online or behind the scenes, you would be joining a team that thrives on making connections and telling stories that are important to Canadians.
CBC Edmonton is looking for a Host for the afternoon show Radio Active. As the Host of Radio Active, you will be an editorial leader, helping shape the content and format of the stories the show delivers to its audience. You will perform a variety of tasks related to and associated with the preparation and on-air presentation of information. As a Host you will also be involved in the development and execution of the daily program. The host of Radio Active will be expected to use digital best practices to expand the listening/viewing experience for the audience beyond the afternoon radio program. Work is governed by CBC programming and journalistic policies and standards but there is a requirement for creativity, initiative and independent judgement. Work regularly involves the coordination of the activities of others.
You will play an integral role in the Local Services strategy with a focus on three priorities:
- Content: In this role, you will ensure that all CBC journalistic standards are met and that our stories are fair, balanced, accurate, thoughtful, immediate and resonate with the communities we serve. You will further our original, enterprise and investigative storytelling and ensure we are talking about what matters most to people throughout Edmonton and the rest of the province. You’re innovative and will try new things, new work flows and new story treatments. You inspire others to do the same.
- Community: As the industry shifts, local news and community storytelling is more important than ever. You will understand the diverse and changing population in Edmonton and the importance of reflecting all our communities in our content. You will set a new benchmark in editorial leadership around community stories.
- Culture: You live and promote the values of diversity and an inclusive and respectful work culture.
Please note that this is a full time, one year contract position subject to review and renewal.
We are looking for a candidate with the following:
- University degree or equivalent preferred.
- 5 years of experience preferred.
- Demonstrated journalistic leadership.
- Range of knowledge and experience on a variety of subject matters.
- Strong interviewing skills.
- A demonstrated understanding of Edmonton’s political and cultural landscape.
- Knowledge of and/or connection to Edmonton and the surrounding communities.
- High energy and enthusiastic journalist who can motivate a team towards journalistic excellence.
- Ability to present material with credibility and authority in a range of situations.
- Confidence and intellectual curiosity.
- Demonstrated emotional and intellectual maturity.
- Demonstrated on air radio experience and the ability to generate lively discussion on air.
- Engaging personality with the ability to make complex subjects easily understood.
- Energetic and creative.
- A strong presentation style and ease with live coverage.
- Ability to generate original and innovative material.
- A demonstrated ability to originate new story ideas and establish a track record in breaking news stories and gather information from a variety of sources.
- Ability to work effectively under pressure and deadlines.
- Strong interpersonal and team playing skills as well as creativity and flexibility.
- Ability to interact live, with a variety of guests/journalists.
- Excellent understanding of CBC, journalistic and programming policies, standards practices.
- Demonstrated ability to use social media and other resources to build contacts and resources.
- Will participate in public and/or community relations activities as appropriate, to promote the program and/or the Corporation.
Please include in your application an online link to your demo.
Candidates may be subject to skills and knowledge testing.
CBC/Radio-Canada is committed to being a leader in reflecting our country’s diversity. That’s because we can only create and tell the stories that connect Canadians, by having a workforce that mirrors the ever-changing makeup of our country. That’s why we, as an employer, value equal opportunity and nurture an inclusive workplace where our individual differences are not only recognized and valued, but also extend to and pervade all the services we provide as Canada’s public broadcaster. For more information, visit the Talent and Diversity section of our website. If you have accommodation needs at this stage of the recruitment process, please inform us as soon as possible by sending an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
If this sounds interesting, please apply online! We thank all applicants for their interest, but only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Please apply online at: https://rita.illicohodes.com/go/5a8c72545a6d7c583884e092/51fc022158b70066fae49ff7/en
Edmonton, AB, CA
|Posted:||Feb 21, 2018|
(This company has provided an external site for you to apply)