Richmond Hill, ON
Kenilworth is growing again, and has a unique opportunity for a savvy individual looking to make their mark as associate editor of a leading niche business publication.
Reporting to the Editorial Director, responsibilities of this in-house position include:
- Assist in the managing of all facets of the day-to-day editorial process in support of the publications’ editorial business, marketing and strategic plans;
- Developing and securing editorial specific to the needs of readers. This includes extensive writing and editing of content online and in print;
- Attending industry events;
- Sourcing photography;
- Liaising with production and design teams in a highly structured environment to ensure the timely production and design of the publication;
- Developing editorial for the publication online;
- Posting content to the publication website;
- Posting content to social media platforms;
- Ability to work independently.
What you will bring:
- Journalism degree/diploma with a minimum of three to five years’ experience in a relevant editorial capacity;
- Excellent research, writing and editing abilities using CP and Chicago Style;
- Proven track record of meeting stringent deadlines;
- Superior organizational, time management and communication skills with an emphasis on customer service;
- Proficiency with social media platforms (Twitter, Facebook);
- Proficiency with WordPress, HTML, social media programs/tools;
- Must be available to travel and work evenings or weekends as needed;
- Valid driver’s license and passport.
What we offer:
- The opportunity to be a part of a well-established publishing company of high quality magazines and online media, which is continuously evolving and growing.
- A great work environment and the on-going training and support you need to be successful.
- Comprehensive benefits including health and dental coverage, a group RRSP program, flex hours, summer hours and additional wellness programs.
- Competitive remuneration and personal growth opportunities.
Qualified applicants should send their cover letter (including salary expectations), resume and link to published writing samples to Human Resources. Candidates being considered will be asked to complete an editing test.
Please note only selected candidates will be contacted.
A full-service media company, Kenilworth Media is in a rapid growth phase, actively seeking acquisitions and new ventures in publishing and content management. Our brands represent a diverse cross-section of some of North America’s leading sectors, including signage, franchising, jewellery, veterinary practice management and backyard leisure living.
We are a subsidiary of the FORUM MEDIA GROUP (FMG), an international media company headquartered near Munich (Germany) with leading professional publishing houses worldwide. In 2016, FMG had revenues of approximately $US113 million and employed more than 1000 employees in Europe, Asia, North America and Australia.
Founded in 1988, FMG specializes in providing clients with quality products, professional training and development. The FMG portfolio also includes a diverse group of publications and events.
Job Type: Full-time
Richmond Hill, ON, CA
|Posted:||Mar 05, 2018|
|Apply Now (This company has requested a direct email with resume attached)|