Ericsson Canada Inc
Radio Algorithm Designer
You would be part of an Agile, self-driven, self-organizing team working on software for wireless radio products that are the interface for your smart phone in the cellular network. Candidates can expect a hands-on technical role where everyone is empowered to influence the quality of the delivered product. This is your opportunity to make a difference in the world, in a development organization spanning Canada, Sweden and China. Join a dynamic team in a flexible work environment where opportunities to grow and stretch your capabilities exist in a learning based culture. This role provides you with a unique opportunity to learn about 4G LTE and leading edge 5G wireless cellular communication technologies.
We welcome the opportunity to meet you!
This position is located in Ericsson’s Radio team in Ottawa, Ontario, Canada. We are seeking a Software Designer to join a SW development team responsible for developing and testing radio product software with a focus on designing, modeling, and implementing radio algorithms. Responsibilities may include (but not be limited to) the following areas.
Responsibilities & Tasks:
- Member of a SW cross functional team which is responsible for systems design, sw development and test
- Participation in defining algorithms and performance based on real and modeled behaviour of the product.
- Refining algorithms and to define the functional allocation between software and hardware.
- Further model and validate the performance based on the implementation.
The types of applications and associated background knowledge include:
- Analysis of internal and external signals for the purpose of supervision and calibration.
- Automatic feedback systems for control of gain, dynamic range or pre-distortion.
- General signal processing functions such as filtering and re-sampling.
- Contribute to Innovation and Ericsson IPR, file Invention disclosures and Patents
- Contribute to continuous improvements of products, simulation tools and processes
- Participation in supporting Radio Performance Verification planning and test result analysis
- Developing code for both production, unit test and automated test software
- Completing required documentation related to design and test work
- Minimum two years of relevant work experience.
- Background in communications theory and digital signal processing
- Basic knowledge of 3GPP specifications, especially in the area of Radio performance characteristics
- Experience in the development and analysis of simulations, knowledge of simulation environments like C/C++, ADS, and/or MATLAB
- Experience in SW OO Programming and/or RTL will be an asset for this position
- Excellent English skills, both verbal and written, providing effective communication building strong relationships internally as well as externally
- B.Sc, M,Sc or Ph.D. degree in a relevant area, or equivalent experience, preferably with demonstrated experience and knowledge in the above mentioned required skills areas
DISCLAIMER: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of employees assigned to this position. Therefore employees assigned may be required to perform additional job tasks required by the manager.
Primary country and city: Canada (CA) || || Ottawa || 21094
Req ID: 232595
Ericsson Canada Inc
Kanata, ON, CA
|Posted:||Mar 06, 2018|
(This company has provided an external site for you to apply)