When Publishing met PR, Communication, Digital Content Marketing, Strategy and Creativity, SJR was born. We are the newsroom and the digital messaging resource for companies. We are the Cool Nerds. We are Journalists that stick to facts. We are Designers and Multimedia creators who live and breathe to story tell. We are Strategists that ideate. We are Group SJR and we are seeking an experienced editor to oversee, ideate and create content for our clients.
We are Group SJR and we are seeking a Video Editor to join our growing team in Toronto.
Could this be you?
You can manipulate and edit video in ways that truly capture audience attention. When provided the raw materials and a brief on the production team’s needs and specifications, you can develop the right rough and final cuts at the right times…and often push some boundaries to make the right impact.
You are an experienced video editor to with 3-5 years of experience cutting creative marketing and narrative video content and seeing projects through the entire post-production process. You have expertise with Adobe Creative Cloud Suite, project finishing, and knowledge of cine-cam and DSLR workflows. If you have motion graphic and design experience, we love you already.
A strong analytical and visual thinker; you love to learn, and your craft is perpetually in beta. You strive for creative excellence within collaborative teams and ensure the delivery of required results on time and on spec. Responsible for delivering on unique ideas for a variety of clients, you are happiest when helping to craft compelling stories for brands that capture an audience’s interest and attention. That special smile you wear…when you know we’re perfectly on target? It’s the greatest. We love that, too.
The Video Editor’s tasks will evolve over time. Here are the basics:
- Edits creative marketing and narrative video content and sees projects through the entire post-production process
- Works with Editorial Leads, Video Producers, Design, and strategists to set and execute overall content calendar
- Works with account, editorial and technology partners to direct projects on a conceptual level (providing direction, ideas), manage process, and then execute
- Demonstrates intellectual curiosity coupled with practiced interpersonal skills (including keen listening skills and ability to formulate the right questions)
- Translates and communicates a brand’s vision through compelling video content
- Adapts, responds, and delivers quality results under tight deadlines
- Manages time, priorities and workflow efficiently; take responsibility for deadlines and delivery
- · Presents work internally and externally
- Organizes and manages multiple streams of source material and client feedback
- · Uses collaborative team communication and project management applications like Slack, Trello & MS teams to ensure efficiency
- Shows commitment to continuous improvement with a demonstrated drive to respond to feedback through an iterative review process
- Works effectively both independently and as part of a team to meet deadlines
- Collaborates, documents and communicates proactively throughout the work cycle
- Checks and reviews content, incorporates feedback and ensures work meets SJR’s standard
- Demonstrates a learning mindset that strives for new, better, more innovative results
- Works closely with design and multimedia teams to develop assets that bring stories to life
- 3-5 years’ experience:
- cutting creative marketing and narrative video content and seeing projects through the entire post-production process
- working with agency partners to help set and execute overall content calendar
- working with agency partners to direct projects on a conceptual level (providing direction, ideas), manage process, and then execute
- using with Adobe Premiere Pro and other digital technology and editing software packages
- project finishing
Post-secondary degree in film studies, new media, cinematography or related field Expert use of Adobe Creative Cloud applications Demonstrated video editing ability with a strong portfolio (Experience creating content for social media preferred) Healthy obsession with social media and video & content formats Thorough knowledge of timing, motivation and continuity Familiarity with cine-cam and DSLR workflows. Familiarity with special effects, 3D and motion graphics Creative mind and storytelling skills Keen eye for layout, design and color Creative and visual thinker with strong analytical skills Desire to learn, try new things, problem solve Intimate understanding of the digital world Strong writing and communication skills Diverse interests and open mind to new trends, influencers and content
What’s in it for you?
- Full health benefits package—including healthy paid time off, schedule flexibility, fitness reimbursement, and more
- A career working with and influencing bold, creative teams and client accounts
- A passionate, smart, fun, and creative office culture
- Strong leadership with a focus on entrepreneurial thinking, training and mentoring to help you grow, expand your skills and become your professional best
About Group SJR
Group SJR was founded to address the greatest challenge and opportunity marketers and communicators face today-audience. How to get it, keep it and build it in a world in which knowledge is the true social currency. As a digital consultancy specializing in insights, content creation, curation and audience development, SJR works with the world's leading corporations, organizations and institutions to tap, shape and share their unique and invaluable knowledge. Only our custom content creation—original, daily and owned-has the power to authentically build brands, explain complex issues and, most important, connect in real-time with the influencers, media and consumers who matter most.
Group SJR is a Hill+Knowlton Strategies Company, a subsidiary of WPP. We have offices in New York, Toronto and the UK. At SJR, we're a close-knit team of people who love what we do, and we do a lot, from journalism to website development, filming videos to designing graphics. We're looking for creative people who are ready to jump right in and start working alongside our various teams. If you're passionate about digital media, have a willingness to learn new things, and can thrive in a fast-paced environment, we want to hear from you.
Send us your resume and a portfolio of your best work. That’s it!
Toronto, ON, CA
|Posted:||Mar 07, 2018|
(This company has provided an external site for you to apply)